GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

FS: Sparco Assetto 17x7.5 and Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires (9/32) [Norcal]

Winter setup for Lake Tahoe trips for my 2016 Golf R. Practically brand new. Willing to ship if you want to pay for it. $650 OBO.
  2. D

2016 DCC Golf R suspension makeover

After 55k miles, my stock suspension is feeling...off. certainly some more creaking and moaning on speed bumps and lateral movement. And a little more floaty. I am thinking b16 DCC replacement and some new strut mounts? Anything else while I am doing major work? Ideally I can keep a relatively...
  3. D

Jb1 for sale

Perfect condition, decided to go APR now that my warranty is up. $200 shipped.
  4. D

A lot of oil on spark plug nearest PCV

Second spark plug change and second time there's been oil on the plug. Must not be a coincidence at this point. https://imgur.com/a/QsLAXBv
  5. D

Dogbone bolt won't go back

I can't get it lined up again no matter how I try to jack it up. Suggestions?
  6. D

FS: (4) 19" Cadiz + Michelin p4s tires

Selling my 19" Cadiz with Michelin p4s 235/35/19 rubber. The tires are in great shape and have 7/32" of treadlife remaining. The rims are straight and in pretty good shape. They need a good cleaning and the front have fixable curb rash (quoted $100 to fix). $1200 plus shipping. I am in the Bay...
  7. D

Affordable bbk?

I am going to have to replace my rotors sooner than later here and am thinking for a few extra hundred I might be able to do a bbk. Would the ttrs be my only option?
  8. D

Dead as can be battery

Car had shown zero symptoms or issues, went to to go start it this morning and it wouldn't even try to crank. Dashboard looking like a Christmas tree. Tried to jump with no luck. I went to autozone and replaced it with an AGM duralast and she started up instantly. 2016, purchased 04/2016 and...
  9. D

Manual transmission clunky sounds

Do any of you guys have clunky sounding shifts, particularly 1st-2nd?
  10. D

WTB: golf r dual mass flywheel

Ideally new or very little mileage. Thanks
  11. D

Clutch starting to slip, which should I replace it with?

Teaching the wife plus jb1 and at 38k miles I finally start to feel it slip in higher gears/rpm. I would love to get a beefier clutch that can handle more power but also is not chattery or very heavy for my wife to continue to drive. Ideally this lasts longer than 38k miles... Thanks
  12. D

Lost all brakes today

Pedal to the floor with zero stopping power is never fun...
  13. D

Rear end rattle

So last 500 miles or so (33,600) I have developed this very loud clunking/rattling sound on poor roads or speed bumps. I took it in and they said everything looked good and that it was within manufacturer tolerances. I understand the creaking I get going over a driveway. I've had that since day...
  14. D

WTB 19" Pretorias

Tires are not necessary. Let me know what you got!
  15. D

How many miles out of our dcc shocks?

Has anyone had to replace yet? How many miles are we expecting to see out of these? I heard it is $1500 for parts alone...
  16. D

How many miles can we reasonably expect out of our cars?

I am curious if we can extrapolate anything from GTI owners or high mileage mk7 Golf R owners. I would love to get 150,000 miles out of this car without major maintenance (maybe new clutch?) but I don't know if that is reasonable for a turbo VW? Currently sitting at 32,000 since 04/16 but that...
  17. D

30k miles later and my first time to a dealership. Yikes!

I've been avoiding it like the plague, but broke down and went to a dealership. Needing to change the Haldex fluid and not having the tools, I opted for them to do it. Even after supplying my own $30 fluid it came out to $152!
  18. D

Brake life and new pads?

Hello, I'm at 23,000 on the clock with a fair amount of mixed driving. How many miles are people getting out of the pads? And how many out of the rotors? I am thinking ebc red stuff or yellow stuff but totally open to any suggestions. Thanks
  19. D

This car is a beast with snow rubber

I had my doubts about the Haldex and true snow readiness of this car, but the past few days destroyed all fears. I have a set of Sparco 17's mounted with Pirelli Sottozero 3s, and threw them on for the weekend in Tahoe. A massive storm hit, dumping about 3+ feet in 24 hours. I honestly never...