GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

lowering springs install homework

Hi all, I'm about to do this install myself with a couple of friends as a fun way to spend the Saturday or worst-case: week-end (hopefully it's going to be fun...) so gathering info from forums and YT I got a couple of questions: a) Spring compressors - Are they really needed? I checked a...
  2. A

No more MPI for ROW TSIs

Haven't been frequenting the forum too much lately but has it been discussed already that as of MY19 cars, R, GTI, S3 and other cars on the same platform (Seat and Skoda outside US) are losing the multi point injection? (if so my apologies, please point me to the corresponding thread) This has...
  3. A

DQ381 DSG gear ratios?

Has anyone found out those yet from a trustworthy source? Google search does not help much and only thing that comes up is from some BMW dealer website :confused: https://www.brianjesselbmw.com/en-CA/technical-sheet/volkswagen-golf-r-2018-392768
  4. A

DSG tune for s2 - needed?

ROW GTI Clubsport (IS38) currently on stage 1 ECU and TCU tune. Not happy with the performance of the ECU tune (don't ask who, it's a small local tuner and completely irrelevant to probably more than 99% of the members here) so almost ready to jump ship to a different tuner. At the same time...
  5. A

different wear fronts vs rears after track-day

A few days ago I hit the local track with my Clubsport on fresh 235/35/19 Pilot Sport 4S (just 1500km on them before). Pressures were set to 34 PSI for the fronts and rose up to 37 PSI during driving (that was what I measured immediately after each session and a cool-down lap so maybe even a...
  6. A

stage 1 boost and throttle behavior in 5th

Recently went from Jb4 to ECU and TCU flash tunes (local Swedish tuner not any of the big known names). Logged a couple of 3rd to 4th gear shifts and all seemed fine and healthy: trims, afr, etc. Then I decided to log a 100-200km/h pull out of curiosity and realized that when shifting to 5th I...
  7. A

8.0 or 8.5 45 for stock height

About to order a new summer rim + tires set. Had got it down to 19x8.5 and at least ET45 (or more) as it's a size I find in almost every wheel design. However, after seeing in person a R with the same rim size (19x8.5 ET45) i realised the fronts were at least flush with the fenders and the...
  8. A

sway bars only in kits

Currently after my #1 mod on FWD cars: a stiffer rear sway bar. Browsing online (EU websites and dealers) I see that most companies offer their sway bars in kits for front and rear and with very few exceptions (ST) you can directly buy just the rear one. Is there something particular about the...
  9. A

Ethanol questions

I've never had access to Ethanol before so never really looked into it but since E85 is available where I currently live I was wondering whether it makes sense to start running a E30 mix. Car is bone stock IS38 with just a JB4 on (no dp, no intake). First things that come to mind are: 1) Any...
  10. A

TD1 reset

Has that ever been achieved? And why not? I am not asking for myself (I don't even have a flash tune) but I am having a dispute elsewhere over whether and why you can't reset the TD1/flash counter to 0. A couple of people argue that "with the right software you can do it" and that sort of...
  11. A

Wheel and tire size change - what to expect

Wanting to move to 19" for my summer set and I am considering the switch from 18x7.5 ET49 - 225/40/R18 (wheel: 7.6kg/16,7lb) to 19x8.5 ET45 - 235/35/R19 (wheel: 10.9kg/24lb) I guess the new combo is pretty much within OEM spec although I would ideally go with 19x8.0 to be 100% in line with 19"...
  12. A

flat battery aftermath

So after forgetting the OBDEleven working the CANbus all night long, I arrived to a flat battery this morning and the associated lights fest in the dash. Assistance guy was quick and using his portable jump starter I turned the car on and drove off. Now, after 20min of driving I wanted to check...
  13. A

brake upgrade for light/rare track use

I am about to visit a couple of tracks (if weather agrees) and wondering if some brake upgrades are needed in order not to spoil the fun and still have a usable car afterwards. Clubsport (not S) comes with the R/GTI PP brakes which I guess would be ok for 2-3 flat out laps before needing a...
  14. A

Best OEM-like downpipe

Pretty explanatory really, the downpipe being the only hardware mod I am considering on this car but not enjoying extra exhaust noise, I am after a quality catted dp with minimum (if not 0) noise increase. Preferrably from a brand that can ship to Europe. Unitronic is first up on my list with...
  15. A

"Clubsport driving experience" in Sweden

Apologies as I know this is very country-specific but the regional sub-forum is as good as dead so excuse my small abuse of the General Discussion space :o As most (but not all) Clubsport owners in Sweden know, VW of Sweden was kind enough to offer a one-day "Clubsport driving experience" event...
  16. A

MY2017 2500rpm metallic groan/vibration/younameit

Ok, so: Less than 2 months in, Clubsport MY2017 CJXE engine (hence posting in this section rather than the GTI one) and after the first few weeks (or at least that's when I noticed it) this appeared: Depending on engine temps - not right after switching a cold engine on but usually anything...
  17. A

A very simple Discover question:

Is it possible to directly search your SD card for say artist or track names or you absolutely have to browse folder/artist/album structures? With an 128gb SD and over 20K files it's a bit tricky browsing so long lists. Direct search would be working much better. Don't have the Discover Pro...
  18. A

XDS, VAQ and a bit of ESP

So, I've had VAG cars with the XDS system before (which I turned down to minimum for the track) but this is my first car with the VAQ e-lsd so the question that comes to mind is: Why would you want the XDS set to anything other than OFF when you have an e-lsd like the VAQ? XDS will only slow...
  19. A

Who else has ordered a Clubsport? :)

With EU dealerships accepting orders for one as of recently, I guess some Clubsports must have been ordered already and more will be sure to follow in the coming months. Hence I thought it would be nice to have a thread for all us anxious future owners or potential ones that want to discuss...
  20. A

Ordering this time round

Pretty close to placing an order soon and I wondered, is there a new facelift (MY2017) coming out this year, hence the good discount I was offered? Also, which is the last facelift? Did the MY2016 have anything different aesthetically than the MY2015? Thanks