GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Peed off at VW, not resolving an issue

So my car is freezing cold in the morning as the heater on drivers side isn't working. It went in for diagnostic before Christmas and they think it's one of the two matrix but don't know which. Here is where the problem starts. To properly diagnose the issue they need the car in to strip the...
  2. C

Beading

Which is better, big beads or small together beads.
  3. C

Permanat 12v socket

I have a dash cam installed already and it has a permanat live with the setup in the picture below, however it's not using the fuse for the 12v as it's permanent source. So I want to use the 12v socket as it's permanent source, that's easy as I just switch it around, what I am looking for is...
  4. C

Tyres, which and why?

I need new tyres, it's going to be either Goodyear eagle AS3 £90, Michelin PS4 £112 or continental premium contract 6 £102 These are UK prices. Which would you buy?
  5. C

Rattle = airbag

Took my GTD in for an annoying rattle which seems to come from behind the clocks the tech has said he thinks it's the airbag housing, so new airbag next week. Any one heard on of this before?
  6. C

Had my DTUK GTD on a dyno today

so the claims for the DTUK box is 240bhp and 500nm torque program 1+2 the program 2+2 then program 3+2 here are the results
  7. C

Sawtooth

Does anyone else's tyres suffer from this? https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/saw-tooth-tyre-wear I have the original bridgestones on, so was wondering if it's a common thing on other brands too?
  8. C

First time using a DA polisher

Last week I bought the dodo juice da polisher. I had some scratches and swirls on my bonnet that have been bugging me for a while. I bought some G3 scratch remover and I already had some autoglym resin polish and autoglym extra gloss protection. So I set to it and after going over the bonnet...
  9. C

Rotary polisher thoughts?

Seen this and wondered if anyone has used it and what are their thoughts on it http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machine-polishing-pads/car-polishers/dodo-juice-spin-doctor-rotary-v2/prod_806.html
  10. C

Service person lied

My car went in for its 30k service and on the ch ck sheet it says "Spare- tread depth ok, pressure = checked, new space saver" Sounds ok right? Until I tell you that it's a full size wheel, tyre that I purchased and it's got 6mm of tread left. So clearly didn't check it. Now my question is, do...
  11. C

One unhappy Subaru owner=0 golf gtd with dtuk=1

I was over taking at about 75 when he clearly nailed it, puff of smoke from his tail, he started to pull, I did the same neck and neck for a few seconds then I pull ahead of him a few car lengths, he then drops back and doesn't try again. I have no idea if his car was modded other than his...
  12. C

Dtuk, worth getting an after market filter?

As title, Is it worth getting an after market item, or is stock good enough?
  13. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Purple rain and microfiber cloth then pressure was off.
  14. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I cleaned the inside part of my wheels :)
  15. C

Can I program this on OBD11?

Got my car back today after my dash clocks have been replaced but the display is wrong. I have a GTD so the dash display should look like carbon fibre background now it's just plain, so I assume not programmed correctly. Can I program it mys of with OBD11 if so, how? Cheers
  16. C

USB port for charging?

Hi the built in USB port in the centre console, when I plug in my phone to charge it, the phone still loses charge, is it actually capable of charging or is it just for data?
  17. C

new wheel bearing, Warranty?

my 2016 GTD needs a new new wheel bearing, will it be covered under Warranty? Car has done 23000 miles.
  18. C

anyone have experience with these wheels (copy nogaros)

anyone have experience with these wheels (copy nogaros) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-Alloy-Wheels-VW-GOLF-GTD-NOGARO-only-MK5-MK6-MK7-AUDI-A3-A4-PASSAT-/331641207544?hash=item4d375b3af8:g:C~gAAOSw~gRV4irg Thanks.
  19. C

Fog light not working on my GTD

One of my fog lights is not working, passenger side (UK) Inside are there one or more bulbs? Also how can I replace? Are they easy to get to? Cheers
  20. C

In need of new tyres

Hi I am using a Golf GTD mk7 and in need of new tyres which would you suggest? Avon ZZ5 or Barum Bravuris 3HM Thanks