GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MeltedSolid

Haldex rear LSD

I'm wondering if anyone has or knows about any sources for installing an LSD into the haldex unit. As far as I've seen, Wavetrac only makes an LSD for the gen 2 haldex in the mk4 R32. There were some people who were converting these gen 2 haldex Wavetracs for the gen 4 and gen 5 haldex units...
  2. MeltedSolid

BNIB Bar-Tek DSG Oil Cooler SOLD

SOLD. Bought this from someone else due to a miscommunication (I thought it was bar-tek's engine oil cooler, but it's the DSG cooler). Never installed. Original part page for reference: https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/detail/index/sArticle/4980.
  3. MeltedSolid

BNIB Bar-Tek DSG Oil Cooler $325 OBO shipped

Brand new in box. $325 OBO shipped. Bought this from someone else due to a miscommunication (I thought it was their engine oil cooler, but it's the DSG cooler). Never installed. Original part page for reference: https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/detail/index/sArticle/4980.
  4. MeltedSolid

SOLD 17x7.5 RPF1's Silver $550 OBO

SOLD $650 $550 OBO. Set of Silver RPF1's. Used for 5 years (~40k miles). I'm including a 5th wheel for free because when I was getting the tires replaced once a tech dropped the face on the ground and it got some scratches (see pictures), so they replaced it. Tires on it are probably good enough...
  5. MeltedSolid

WTB: Intercooler

Ideally wanting to get a stock location intercooler, but send me offers for FMIC's as well. Any brand, but I am on a bit of a budget. Located in the SF Bay Area, but I'm willing to pay for shipping if it's reasonable.
  6. MeltedSolid

FS: Torque Solution boost tap $20 OBO

$20 OBO Shipped Torque Solution boost tap. Only the block and the screw shown in the picture are included, I don't have the silicon hose that came with it (should be almost free at an auto parts store). Used for a few years but still in good condition. Selling because I did the AEM 5 Bar map...
  7. MeltedSolid

Set of 16" Wheels + winter tires $300 - SF Bay Area

FS: $300 OBO 16"x7" ET45 Wheels with Firestone Winterforce 215/55R16 tires used for 2 seasons with approx. 4k miles total. Selling because they don't fit any more after I did the Macan brake swap. Located in San Jose.
  8. MeltedSolid

FS: $225 OBO JB4 w/ Data Cable Group 1-3

SOLD FS: JB4 with data cable. $225 OBO shipped. Was on the car for about 4 years/30k miles, works perfectly but now I'm moving on to open source tuning. There seems to be some confusion about the groups of the JB4, considering all of the FS threads with the specified group in the title. All...
  9. MeltedSolid

17" RPF1's with TTS brakes

I fried my stock brakes at my last track day, and decided it's about time I upgrade (pic below, explains why my brake fade wasn't going away even after I let everything cool down...). I wanted to go with Macan brakes, but they aren't compatible with my 17" rpf1's. Does anyone in the SF bay...
  10. MeltedSolid

WTB: Winter setup or 15" wheels

Looking for either a set of wheels with winter tires on them any size or a set of 15" wheels to put winter tires on (winter tires are way cheaper in 15"). 15" steelies would be fine. Would also consider other sizes if they are a good deal. Located in Northern New Mexico, and willing to drive...
  11. MeltedSolid

Anyone with a manual R and OBDEleven?

Hi golf R peeps, coming over from the base golf subforum. I was wondering if anyone with a manual R could post what their long coding looks like. Long story, but basically I'm trying to get my car to recognize my new gear ratios now that I've swapped in a mk6 GTI transmission (details here...
  12. MeltedSolid

[SOLD] FS: Southbend stage 2 endurance clutch for 1.8t 5mt

[SOLD] I'm selling my used Southbend stage 2 endurance clutch for the 1.8t 5 speed manual (MQ250) because I'm upgrading to the 6 speed MQ350 (I maybe slightly blew up 3rd gear with 28psi, 350+ ftlbs of torque). The clutch was carefully broken in for the first 500 miles, and it currently has...
  13. MeltedSolid

WTB MQ350 or MQ250 manual transmission

My 3rd gear went pop. I'm interested in either a 5spd MQ250 from the base golf if you have one laying around, or a 6spd MQ350 from a GTI with a clutch. Also, for sale is my MQ250, which still has a good case, but probably pretty mangled interior (1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th gear are still good, but...
  14. MeltedSolid

Rest in Pieces 3rd gear

Whelp, I guess my transmission's found it's limit. I was at about 75mph/4500rpm at full throttle in 3rd gear and then it was gone. 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th still work, but whenever the car is moving or the clutch is engaged my car makes the broken metal parts tumbling around noise. I was able...
  15. MeltedSolid

WTB: Stock GTI catback

If anyone has a stock GTI catback they want to get rid of let me know. I'm planning on doing a resonator delete then tinkering with the tips so it looks stock from the outside at a local shop to replace my current homemade leaky setup. Thanks!
  16. MeltedSolid

Missing chunk on serpentine belt?!

So... I found this on my serpentine belt today... I need to go on a 1,100 mile road trip in a few days and there isn't a vw dealer close enough to me for it to be practical to get this replaced by then. Asking people who are more experienced with this kind of thing: how worried should I be...
  17. MeltedSolid

FS: Torque Solution BOV Adapter $40 (SOLD)

I'm selling my Torque Solution (I know, it feels like there should be an 's' at the end) BOV Adapter. I bought it used about 3 months ago and just uninstalled it today. It is in essentially perfect condition, with only negligible paint imperfections. I am selling it because it is too loud for...
  18. MeltedSolid

Stock spark plugs with IS20

I replaced my spark plugs today with NGK RS7 plugs, but I have been running on the stock plugs completely untouched for ~6000 miles stock, ~6000 miles on APR stage 1, and ~6000 miles with an IS20 swap for a total of 18,009 miles. Considering I've been making up to ~150hp over stock these have...
  19. MeltedSolid

1.8t Resonator delete

So not too long ago I bought some 2.25" tubing and an exhaust clamp because I wanted to see if I could pull off a reversible resonator delete for under $25. I (more or less) managed it by cutting off the resonator before the front exhaust hangar so that I could use just a straight piece of...
  20. MeltedSolid

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 x2

SOLD If anyone feels like building a budget PC with performance to rival the new 10 series GPU's, I'm selling my two GTX 680's. I'm planning on upgrading to a 1080 Ti as it is the first single GPU to actually exceed the power of my two 680's in SLI, but it costs as much as a stage 1 tune so I...