GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

WTB: MIB2 8" Matte Display (with buttons) 5G0919606

Anyone have one of these they want to sell? I already have the bezel trim. Part number is 5G0919606 That's the Nav version, but I'm fine with the Non-Nav version, too. Looks like this for reference: Thanks!
  2. N

How to fix paint chip on hatch

Noticed this chip on the seam of my hatch the other day: Looks to be down to the metal and starting to corrode. I assume our hatches are steel? I'm in Minnesota with long winters and salty roads so I'm pretty worried about it. Don't know much about repairs like this... any suggestions on...
  3. N

VWR springs ruined my stock shocks... what to choose from here?

Like the title says, my stock shocks are not performing after 30k / 6 yrs on VWR springs. We are in pothole season in MN, and it's miserable. Originally I just wanted to replace the shocks and keep the springs (because I like the amount of drop from them), but saw some negative reviews of the...
  4. N

Is Unitronic Stage 1 / 1+ right for me?

Hey all, been away from the forums for a bit but finally looking at getting an ECU tune. I had a Dinan piggyback for a bit but it didn't add much power and put the car in limp home mode a few times, and I want to do it right this time. I've never tuned a car before and am a bit overwhelmed by...
  5. N

WTB: Burger Motorsports Intake

Anyone have one of these they want to sell? "BMS Elite EA888 Air Intake (1053)" Hopefully with the air pump fitting. They've been backordered from Burger for quite awhile and trying to track one down... thanks
  6. N

Recommend me an inexpensive intake for turbo noise

I just want to hear my turbo more. More intake noise and diverter valve release sounds. Had a turbo Beetle cabriolet rental recently and could hear it so much more than my GTI. Is an open intake the best way to achieve this? I'm stock power and don't want to spend a ton of money, don't care...
  7. N

Any issue with running clutch stop long term?

As the title says, I'm considering trying a clutch stop to reduce pedal travel... are there any downsides to this? More wear on the throwout bearing or pressure plate spring over time? Any reason why the pedal should be pressed all the way the floor from a mechanical perspective? Thanks for any...
  8. N

Anyone have the new Fifteen52 Holeshot RSR's?

Anyone have these yet? Pics to share?
  9. N

driveline slack, where to go from here?

Hello everyone, I've probably posted about this before in some way, shape, or form -- but I'm still having excessive driveline slack/lurching on acceleration or any change in momentum. Whenever I get on the gas after coasting, let off the gas, do a shift, etc. :mad: I am 6mt, and not tuned...
  10. N

FS: KMD Tuning Stainless Steel Clutch Line

As the title says, I'm selling a stainless steel clutch line from KMD tuning. It is used and I had it on my car for about a year, but in great condition. I took it off because I wanted to try deleting the "swirl valve" by the firewall and this one is not long enough to do that, so I replaced...
  11. N

Long post, need some advice

Hey everyone, looking for some advice on a potential clutch issue/repair. I've had an intermittent clunking noise that sounds like it's coming from the transmission area, for about 8 months. It happens on acceleration, letting off the gas, and shifting especially in gears 1 and 2 that are...
  12. N

FS: CTS Turbo Engine and Trans Mounts

Selling a lightly used set of CTS engine and trans mounts. I had these on my car for ~3,000 miles only. (I don't drive very much). No abuse on them whatsoever. No launches, never been to a track, etc. My car is my DD and used 99% for commuting. Reason I'm selling is I thought they might be the...
  13. N

OEM clutch bleeder block part #?

Anyone able to help me with the part number for this? Originally when doing the bleeder block delay delete, I also drilled out the bleeder in addition to removing the yellow orifice. I'd like to try going back to just removing the orifice, but would need a new OEM part for this. I can't seem to...
  14. N

Sway bar question - please help!!

So, I was attempting to install 034's upper dogbone mount insert tonight and their instructions said to unbolt the front sway bar from the subframe in order to move it out of the way to feed the insert from the top. Well, I did, but I can't get the sway bar reattached. It just won't line up no...
  15. N

034 insert failure, possible bushing failure, and questions

For those who have had their 034 dogbone insert fail (crack or bend), did it cause excessive motor rocking or noises? Short backstory, about 6 months ago I installed CTS motor and trans mounts. Felt great at first, but shortly after install I noticed a slight bucking / delay on throttle on and...
  16. N

Are both engine and transmission mounts needed?

Hey everyone, I'd like to try upgrading the mounts on my daily driver GTI. 6MT. Goals are to tighten it up, hopefully smoother starts in 1st and less lurching at low speeds, crispier shifts, etc. I've pretty much settled on the 034 (or CTS) engine and/or transmission mounts. I already have an...
  17. N

Stainless Steel Clutch Line DIY

For the 6MT drivers out there. I've done this a few times now. Thought I would document it in case anyone else is interested. Why? A stainless steel clutch line expands less under heat, supposedly providing more consistent pedal feel in a range of driving scenarios from daily to spirited to...
  18. N

How to figure out if MIB2 software update is available?

Anyone know if there is a way to determine if there is a software update available for one's MIB2 unit without going into the dealer? Like a list of current software versions or something? My head unit is randomly rebooting itself often enough where it's annoying, but I like to avoid taking the...