GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Zoolook

Drove the R up Mount Washington for sunrise....

That's awesome, nice shots. I love your dog too - I have a beagle who loves mountain tops. Fun fact; I've climbed Mount Washington the old fashioned way, on foot, in January. Wind chill was pretty much zero Fahrenheit - gloves off for 30 seconds means frost-bite. It's a really incredible hill...
  2. Zoolook

Traffic Updates without Sirius XM (US)

Hi - I've noticed I don't get any traffic alerts and the Nav doesn't adjust to traffic, but the only option I see to fix this is to subscribe to Sirius. I thought there was an option to use FM (given these are transmitted on regular airwaves) - does anyone know how to do this?
  3. Zoolook

My First Ever Speeding Ticket

So I've been driving for 27 years and never had a ticket... until now. While on a road trip to North Carolina and Tennessee, a camera clocked me doing 56mph in a 45 zone. It was a road parallel to a highway, straight as an arrow with just a few farm roads coming off it. I remember it, single...
  4. Zoolook

Traffic Assist with GPS

My Sirius free trial expired a while ago and now I get no traffic updates on the GPS. I'm wondering if subscribing just for traffic is worth it or just rely on my iPhone. Apple Maps is getting better with traffic but sill hot or miss on providing alternative routes BEFORE you hit the traffic...
  5. Zoolook

Eurocode Tuning

Anyone use this company? http://www.ecodetuning.com/ They were mentioned on Smoking Tire and I'd never heard of them, but like the look of them. Off topic, does anyone know if a VWR intake kit is coming for the MK VII? I really like the look of the one for the MKVI...
  6. Zoolook

Eurodyne Mini Review (plus what breaks)

I flashed my 2016 GTI 6MT with the Eurodyne Stage 1.5 / 93Oct a few days ago, and yesterday and today spent about 8 hours driving around to give it a good test. Flashing The flashing process is fairly painless - I have Windows 10 on a Parallels Virtual Machine on a Mac, and it worked fine...
  7. Zoolook

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Went Eurodyne Stage 1.5... Mind blown on the different it makes.
  8. Zoolook

We're All Screwed With These New Stealth Lights On The Ford Explorer Police Cars

Well if the only way you'll obey the law is when a cop is looking over your shoulder, maybe the answer is somewhere else?
  9. Zoolook

Tail of the Dragon

I am taking a small road trip to Tennessee and North Carolina at the end of October and am going to drive the infamous Dragon's Tail http://tailofthedragon.com/tail-of-the-dragon-info/how-to-drive/ Has anyone else done it? Tell your stories here if so, or share other great roads! For those...
  10. Zoolook

Oil Change in 28 Days (too early?)

My GTI told me today that I was due an oil change in 28 days. I bought the car in January and have done just over 6,000 miles, so this seems very early. Anyone else get prompted this early?
  11. Zoolook

What is wrong with my GPS

Just the other day I noticed my GPS thinks I am in the middle of Connecticut when I am actually in Maine. It's saying 0/0 satellites and also the compass is always saying I am pointing in a direction that's incorrect. I know I am getting a satellite signal because Sirius still works and when I...
  12. Zoolook

MK VII Bike Rack Hitch

Hi - Has anyone purchased and fitted a bike-rack hitch on their MK VII GTI? I am looking to get a Thule T2 Pro 9035 or similar. There are a few different hitch types and I wondered if anyone has experience and would make a recommendation.
  13. Zoolook

What Cell Phone Are You Rocking?

iPhone 6 - yes I am a simpleton, but pretty immersed in Apple's eco system (iTunes etc), also sport a Mac and Apple TV (I have no cable TV).
  14. Zoolook

What is your occupation?

Hey... a man's gotta make a living!
  15. Zoolook

VW - It feels so good to be so bad

I want my car to being me people's wallets!
  16. Zoolook

The Official Pet Thread

This is Ginny, my beagle!
  17. Zoolook

What is your occupation?

I am a risk manager, for a large bank (one of the good guys in a bad profession!)
  18. Zoolook

Newbie Arrival - Couple of Questions

Hi all - I just bought my 2016 GTI Autobahn w/per yesterday. Loving everything so far (previous car was a 2011 5 cylinder Golf). I'm still getting used to things, it feels familiar and completely different at the same time. Two quick questions: - I'm undecided on whether I will keep using the...