GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Gray_Panther

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dropped GTI off to get rust repaired. I requested to keep the front fenders and hatch that they are replacing with new parts. I am going to keep them for when I am out of the warranty period. They really only have a speck of rust, a quick sanding and some paint will do the job.
  2. Gray_Panther

Sold the benz ML today. Gonna miss it a lot but it means I am keeping the GTI.
  3. Gray_Panther

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Looks great so far! With swisstracks, can you use a floorjack on them to lift a car?
  4. Gray_Panther

Got approved for 3 corners and hatch to be repaired/replaced under corrosion warranty. Put up my Mercedes suv for sale and decided to keep the GTI!
  5. Gray_Panther

2019 GSW 4motion manual white silver metallic

Congrats and looks clean and new! May I suggest Bilstein B6 paired H&R oe sport springs? My friend drove my car for a weekend and he has a stock MK7 GTI and he said it didn’t even feel 10% stiffer. I am 10k miles and no issues with the set up so far. It is not too low and it is high enough for...
  6. Gray_Panther

Traded in my GTI because it needed a turbo replacement

Congrats on the truck it looks sick! I am not familiar with trucks but which model is that and is it manual?
  7. Gray_Panther

Show us your MK7

This reminds me also of the MKIV days on the ‘Tex. Needs moar low!!!
  8. Gray_Panther

Washed the salt off so now it’s back to being Pure White.
  9. Gray_Panther

Anyone trade their mk7 for something more comfortable?

My winter setup is 16”s with thicc tires. Like 205/55 thicc and the ride is very comfortable on my bilstein B6’s which are stiffer than stock. But my summer stock wheels makes the ride less comfortable but for me in a fun way. Unfortunately I am, out of necessity, selling the MK7 for an Atlas...
  10. Gray_Panther

Went for a nice drive for some groceries. The recommended hot hatch for grabbin' groceries!
  11. Gray_Panther

Did a winter wash in the garage and waxed the bottom half and the hatch.
  12. Gray_Panther

Looks amazing for your first time! Looks like a pro did the paint! What polisher did you use? Edit: I saw your post that you did it by hand. Your body must hate this decision by now ha!
  13. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

Unfortunately I won’t have the pleasure of regretting 🥲 I’m stalking my prey in a herd of gazelles. The next car won’t be as fun 😭
  14. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

For a damaged door and quarter panel?!! Insurance is such a scam
  15. Gray_Panther

MK7 Confessions

Confession: I am planning to sell my ‘16 S 2-door GTI 6MT in the spring. I am sad.
  16. Gray_Panther

The Mk7 OEM wheels thread

who even signed off on the MK8? Also did everyone hear 2024 is the last year of the manual GTI....called the 380 GTI?
  17. Gray_Panther

2 car life is great if both cars are paid off. If one breaks down or needs downtime, you have the other one ready to go and gives you the time you need to do the job right or shop around for best price on parts.
  18. Gray_Panther

A great VAG Man said don't scrimp on transmission fluid for 6 speed manual GTI.

Did Motul or Redline, can't remember, but it was changed at 30k miles. Positive was that it had fresh fluid, but it was harder and notchier to shift into gear especially into 2nd on cold days. At 60k miles I changed it again with VW fluid, felt much smoother on my stock GTI. Fluid came out...
  19. Gray_Panther

Throw a GTI engine into Beetle or something else?

Are you mechanically able to take the top off and try and see what the issue is to fix it? If so, then why not? To me it makes sense to just spend the time rather than money (unless you are loaded).