GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Help with rearview mirror

Hi, so I had a cracked windshield replaced, and my rearview mirror wasn't attached correctly...fell off. I used loctite 312 with the activator, followed all directions and it came right off when I tried to attach the actual mirror to the mount today. Did it not cure because it's winter time...
  2. T

Tuned/ Need intake Guidance

Hey guys, I recently got my 2nd mk7 (2017 SE) and I'm wondering if you could give me some guidance. I have searched the forums but threads seem to wander off pretty quickly... So I'm running Eurodyne stage 1.5...everything else stock (except the Boomba short throw adapter). The engine throttle...
  3. T

Roof rack interchangeability?

Hi, so I had a VW roof rack for 15 2 door gti, which I traded in for a 2017 4 door. I know that they sell 2 different racks, but has anyone had any luck with using a 2 door rack on a 4 door? I'd rather not shell out more money for another rack if I could avoid it. Thanks!
  4. T

Keeping Trunk Upholstery Clean...am I missing something?

Hey guys, I was offered a couple thousand over book value for my 15 GTI S 2dr manual by someone who was hellbent on getting a 2 door, so I sold it and purchased a new '17 GTI SE. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but does anyone else on here own dogs that ride in the trunk? If so, how do you...
  5. T

"Non-existent" Clutch Issues

Hey guys, need some guidance here. Recently have been noticing that my clutch seems to slip up in higher gears, at lower rpms. Attached is a video that basically demonstrates what it does. That's in 6th gear, and I literally floor the gas pedal and hold it down for the duration of the clip...
  6. T

Downpipe options?

I would appreciate some advice as far as my options for a catted downpipe go. I'm currently running Eurodyne 1.5. So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience on USP's downpipe...
  7. T

FS: Neuspeed Power Module

Neuspeed pm for sale; I probably had in on the car for about 5k miles. It works fine, I just decided to go with a full out Eurodyne tune. Great 'gateway' tweak for the GTI. Best offer...I'm in Boston, but will ship as well.
  8. T

People who purchased Injen SP Intake and had issues / Look here

After running into issues and removing my Injen sp, I reached out to the company telling them what happened. This was their response: Hello, Sorry it has taken some time to get back to you, we are just simmering down from SEMA. I did show this to R&D they said this intake Is still available...
  9. T

Turbo Not Spooling Properly Under Load / Help Please!

Guys, I really need some guidance here. Over the summer I had an issue where the turbo wind-up would sputter under hard acceleration. I was running a Neuspeed power module w/ Injun intake back then. Given that it was a hot summer, I summed it up to heat saturation and more or less dealt with...
  10. T

Turbo Acting Up...

VWVortex ForumsIssues with heavy acceleration Forum Home VW Model-Specific Forums Golf/GTI VII tm978275 online 2h ago - #1 Issues with heavy acceleration Hi, I need some advice on troubleshooting an issue I've been running into with my turbo under heavy acceleration. Basically, once I hit...
  11. T

Window Switch Stopped Working

Hi guys, just hoping for some advice. I was driving the yesterday when I took a turn and some water came in through the window and fell into the switch. The switch wouldn't work at all, now it occasionally does. My question is, should I try to dry it somehow? Or do I need to replace it? Should I...
  12. T

Anyone around Boston with VAGCOM/VCDS?

Hey guys, I just need an airbag light reset and was wondering if anyone near me has the capability to do so. I'll compensate with beer, a kidney or whatever you want...the light is driving me crazy.