GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Driver side rear door water leak-- broken panel clip

Not sure if this info has already been posted yet... but I figured I would share this and sorry if this is duplicate. As the title stated, I had this water leaks in the rear driver side for a while now... today I was bored at work so I decided to take the panel off and look for the water...
  2. J

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

it turned out that the high pressure fuel pump wasn't tighten down all the way... :oops:
  3. J

Just got the car back from Reydel VW, also took the discount and did the carbon cleaning (slightly cheaper ~$400 2hrs labor instead of 6- it took them a day to complete everything). I did notice a strong odor of gasoline with the heat on this morning (at a traffic stop), may be some gasoline...
  4. J

Thanks for the update! Last week I took the car to Reydel VW in Edison where I bought the car and they will replace the thermostat housing under the warranty.. I also asked them about the carbon cleaning (my car is @74k miles), what is the mileage on your car? was it bad and how much less hahaha?
  5. J

an hour is not too bad, keep me posted! hmm.. it could be, I'll do some research on the radiator fan. Thank you.
  6. J

or it could be the other way around-- thermostat failure, causing engine to over heat and now the timing cover is leaking oil🤦‍♂️. I had two incidents a few months back.. while driving back from NY and got stuck in Holland tunnel- bumper to bumper traffic. The temp gauge went close to red line...
  7. J

Haha I asked them the same exact question... they 'accidently' included the labor cost- dealer cost to replace a the rear wiper blade is around $47:rolleyes: I'll call up VW Hamilton or VW Edison and see if they can help. Let me know how your visit turn out, may be I'll take my car there haha.
  8. J

I see that you are in NJ, just a heads up don't take your car to the VW Princeton for the extended 'water pump' warranty. They will not fix anything and slap you with a $200 diagnostic fee. First they told me it would not be covered under the warranty because it's the thermostat that is leaking...
  9. J

VCDS in Central Jersey

Hi, anyone around Central Jersey that can help with the VCDS tweaks? In return I can treat lunch or dinner with some beers, or cash. Thanks:)
  10. J

2015 GTI autobahn hood replacement help

Hello, I'm new to the forum. my name is John. I hit a deer today:(, the hood got dent in. I'm looking to replace the hood, I search online there aren't many options for carbon fiber hood for the '15 GTI. also, does the '14 GTI hood fit on the '15? (sorry if this is a noob question) any of you...