GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Mechanics/Service Shop in MoCo?

Hey guys, I've recently moved from Baltimore to MoCo. I used to go to Country Dubs in North Baltimore to get any servicing/mods done on my GTI and wifes mk7 TSI. Those guys are awesome, and love the work they've done for us. However, that drive has become way too far to take for any services...
  2. S

21877 out the door?

21877 out the door for a Golf TSI Wolfsburg?! Good deal or nah? P.s. I’m putting down 10k... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

Diesel Trade into TSI...

Hey guys, Current GTI owner, but my wife is planning on turning in her TDI for a TSI. She doesnt want a GTI, trust me, I tried. However, upon the trade in, is there anything we need to be aware of, including sales tactics to beware of upon this transaction? - Cliff
  4. S

Press the Clutch down, low Squeaky sound

Simple, I press down on the clutch and it makes this low squeak sound inside the cabin. Shifts just fine however. I take it probably needs some WD-40 or some other lubricant?
  5. S

Outdoor B-pillar are JACKED

Had a guy wash my car. Got it back and the B-pillars are in terrible shape. I saw another thread that spoke on this but there were too many options with no real solution. I've heard of buffing and also vinyl wrap. Any suggestions to getting this stuff removed?
  6. S

WTB: Passenger side Helix LED Headlight (Red Stripe)

WTB: Helix or Ed's Headlights Looking for a passenger side Helix LED Headlight (Red Stripe). Hit a deer and busted the thing up.
  7. S

Oh deer...

Went for a little joy ride on the back roads of Baltimore Maryland. On my way home literally 15 seconds from my street, a deer jumped onto a small bridge and hit me... or I hit him... idk. Looks like I'll be without my GTI for at least a week [emoji20] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

Are Winter Tires Necessary?

Winter approaches us and already we have had one "minor" storm with MAJOR impact last weekend. (50+ car pileup on I-95) However, I didn't see any harsh impact on my driving that weekend. I was able to get around quite well in my all season Potenzas. (20k miles) I was wondering what a tradeoff in...
  9. S

18" Sparco Trofeo 5?

Anyone here who currently owns or has own a set of the Trofeo 5? I was looking for a less expensive alternative to the Neuspeed Rse10's and these seemed to fit the bill. Similar fitment look and design. However, its been hard to get any solid reviews for this product.
  10. S

Nearing 2nd Oil Service within 1 year

Had my 16 GTI for 10 months exactly, and I'm less than 2k miles away from service for oil. I have the VW maintenance program, so it will be free, but I'll be projected to use up my services within a year and a half. Should I just go to a local shop to get the maintenance done, or continue with...
  11. S

Low Buyback Prices for Dieselgate?

Anyone file their Diesel buyback claim? My girlfriend filed hers and they are paying only $13,400 for two diesel cars that were years '13 and '15 respectively. Seems quite low for a vehicle buyback. If this is the case, we walk away with a low amount of money and not enough to really buy the...
  12. S

Tire pressure Problem

Hey guys, Yesterday I got a tire pressure warning in my front right tire. Went to the local gas stop and pumped the 4 tires back up to 37psi. Drove to mr tire about 3 miles down the road and light never cut off. They checked the pressure and it never dropped off 37. It's a day later and light...
  13. S

North Baltimore strong

I drove around Perry hall a bit today for work and couldn't help but notice how many GTI owners are out here. On a 2 minute drive a saw 3 GTIs, two tuned and 2 Golf R's. I think my joyrides may move up here over the weekends. It's nice to see this in comparison with the west side of Baltimore...
  14. S

Recommended Helix High Beam Replacements

Hey, I posted this within the Helix thread, but haven't seen a response. I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on replacing the highbeam bulb in the Helix Light. Or even if there is any difference in swapping the bulb in Helix or OEM halogens. the halogens high beams just fade in...
  15. S

LP Grille DAP vs OPD

You guys have any preference? I see a dollar difference but I don't know if there are any differences in look and quality. I have the Helix Lights, but wasn't sure if I should buy the OPD or the DAP versions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. S

INNO Fairing w/ OE snowboard attachment?...

Hey guys, Just bought OE Racks and snowboard attachment for my Mk7. However, I was wondering if attaching an Inno Fairing would fit with the snowboard attachment installed. Or will I need to retrofit the Thule fairing instead?
  17. S

Snow is Approaching!

Hi, So on the east coast, Baltimore area specifically, we are predicted to have a major snowfall beginning Friday afternoon. Close to 1-2 feet. I leave work around that 5:30 that day, and the snowfall should be quite strong along with the rush hour traffic. This is my first time my brand new...
  18. S

Limited Key Fob Range

Hey guys, I've noticed from day one of my purchase, the key fob range is really short. I have to be within 10 ft of the car in order to get an unlock. Not sure if it needs a new battery or not, but I was wondering if this was a VW thing, or an issue only with mine...
  19. S

Looking for a shop to install Helix HID's

Hey, I live in the Baltimore Area, and originally had plans to have country Dubs to install my HID's. However, in the last week or so because of the holidays, they haven't responded to my calls. They also have weird hours. I would like to find a place today or tomorrow that would be willing to...