GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

My totaled GTI MK7

22k mi, Won't Start, Airbags Deployed RIP 6/19/17
  2. V

Can I get a appraisal online for my 15' VW GTI?

2015 Volkswagen GTI S 2drs Carbon Steel Gray Automatic DSG transmission Mileage: 22k I changed the wheelset, installed tints and a roof VW rack. Excellent to near perfect condition.
  3. V

How to Sync your GTI MK7 key?

I have a secondary key for my GTI but it doesn't work. I realized this after I got my car back from the auto body shop due to a few scratches. Can someone tell me how to sync it and why isn't it working? The battery is new and the red light on the key lights up bright.Thanks!
  4. V

Reviews on Konig Wheels?

I purchased a set of Koing Runlite a few days ago. Hopefully, it'll arrive soon. I was wondering if anyone used these before and hows the experience? Are they good?
  5. V

Can I quickly get an opinion on these tires? Thanks

Hello, I found a sale on these tires (Antares Ingens A1 225/40R18 92W Tire) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Antares-Ingens-A1-225-40-18-92-W-Tires/49651274 Currently $58.00 each. The tires has the best reviews I've seen, especially for that price. I need to buy new tires for my 18" rims and I...
  6. V

First transmission fluid change?

When did you do your first transmission fluid change? I called VW and they said 75,000 miles. I was like wdffff. I have 18k on my car and i'm dying to change the transmission fluid. Thanks
  7. V

Quick Question Thread.

Should I upgrade my cat-back exhaust system (around $800) and VWR Springs for my DSG 15' GTI MK7? I'm asking because I recently upgraded my stock air intake to a Injen short ram intake but I had noticed a lost of torque so I went back to stock + K&N Air filter. I sold it back on eBay so that...
  8. V

Would these wheels fit my GTI? [Thread]

I need to get a new set of wheels on a budget. Does this fit? Any opinions? Thanks https://www.aspiremotoring.com/products/esr-wheels-sr08-bronze
  9. V

Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Problem (Solved?)

Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Problem UPDATE I finally bought my GTI 15' to the service center to fix the inaccurate fuel gauge. After I top off the gas, the red meter would drop significantly when I drive for less than a mile. First, the guy said to bring the car back with less then half a tank which...
  10. V

Removed Injen Intake and went back to stock , anyone?

I purchased a brand new short ram Injen air intake and used it for half a year. Today, I removed the injen and installed back the stock airbox with a k&n filter. I noticed that the turbo boost kicks in much earlier, less transmission jerkyness, picks up faster and overall drives much smoother...
  11. V

R.I.P.: The Two-Door VW GTI Is No More In America [News]

http://www.tflcar.com/2016/09/rip-the-two-door-vw-gti-is-no-more-in-america/ Good news or bad? Opinions?
  12. V

Warranty Question

So I have my new MK7 for year now. I also got the extended warranty. Does this mean that I cannot do any APR Stages and tune until my warranty expires which is like 7 years or so? I really wanna give it a stage 1. So far what I have on my car is a Injen air intake, rear sway bar, and lowering...
  13. V

Spacers are bouncy and alignment seems off

I have 10mm in the front and 15mm on the rear. Ever since I put them on my new GTI MK7, the ride has been a lot more softer and bouncier. Also steering seems off because it swerves around, hard to stay inline. Does the car need a wheel alignment? And yes they are hubcentric. I'm planning to...
  14. V

Is it possible to trade in my GTI S 2dr for a SE PP 4dr ?

I own a 2dr 2015 VW GTI S model in DSG. My vehicle currently has 6000k mileage. It is possible for me to bring it to the dealership to trade for a 2015-2016 VW GTI SE 4dr performance package DSG and pay the difference? How much would I have to pay? How does trading work? I never done it.
  15. V

Is it possible to trade in my MK7 2dr for a 4dr?

I own a 2dr 2015 VW GTI S model in DSG. It is possible for me to bring it to the dealership to trade for a 2015-2016 VW GTI 4dr performance package DSG and pay the difference? How much would I have to pay? My vehicle currently has 6000k mileage.
  16. V

CUSTOM License Plate

I can't believe that no one has this in NY.
  17. V

Scion tC wheels on GTI MK7

Anyone thought about using these? I read that they are lighter than the GTI wheels and they look great. Size is 18" x 7.5
  18. V

What kind of Radar Detector: Radar and Laser Detectors are you using?

I am looking to purchase a radar but there too many radars to choose from. What kind of Radar Detector: Radar and Laser Detectors are you using?
  19. V

Has anyone purchased Proline rims from Pepboys?

Any story about these wheels? I saw the Proline 901 in matte Bronze at Pepboys for around $80 each. https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1020593/00258
  20. V

Whats the point of downshift paddle shifter if the car automatically downshifts for u

My GTI downshifts on any car mode. But whats the point or when do you use downshift if the car does it for you? Kind of pointless? One more question, if the display shows that its on SPORT Mode but the knob and mode says D, does that mean the car is on sport mode or not? and viseversa. It's...