GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

O.Z Formula HLT on Golf Sportscombi GT

After almost 8 years and almost 170,000 km (over 100,000 miles), My baby finally got some new shoes! O.Z. Racing Formula HLT 8x17 ET50. They replaced the OEM Salvador 7x17 ET48 rims, gaining an inch of width and losing 1.5kg /3.3 lbs per wheel (8.6kg instead of 10.1kg). They are currently...
  2. D

Proven lightweight rotor/caliper package for 16" wheels?

My 2017 VW Golf SportsCombi 1,4 TSI 150 GT R-Line will soon need new rotors and pads. I ordered it with the DCC package, so it has the same suspension and brakes as the non-PP GTI (310mm vented front and 272mm solid rear.) I don't track it, and the stock brakes have lasted well over 150 000 km...
  3. D

New name for Golf Variant / SportWagen / SportsCombi

Those of us who have chosen a Golf with additional room behind the rear seats have many different options for what to call our models, depending upon where we happen to live. Variants, SportWagens, and SportsCombis are all well and good, but taking a cue from high-performance and racing models...
  4. D

EA211/MQ250 clutch/transmission upgrades?

ABT, Oettinger, and MTM are offering tuning kits for the 150hp version of the 1.4 TSI that increase the torque to 290-315NM, but as many in this thread (http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16005) have pointed out, the clutch and transmission are likely to be the weak links in such a...
  5. D

Bluetooth for phone use, without music coming on automatically

Is there a setting in the MIB2 system or in IOS 10 which would enable one to have a phone paired via BT with our 2017 Golf with the Infotainment system on (to handle phone calls) but without the music starting to play automatically? We have verified that no apps are active on the phone prior to...
  6. D

Order code list?

We are about to take delivery of our new Golf Sporstcombi here in Sweden. I've looked up our registration number at Volkswagen's accessory website http://www.volkswagentillbehor.se and it shows a detailed summary of our order, including the factory-installed options that we specifically ordered...
  7. D

GTI Wagon?

I have a car on order, and I'm sure that it is the best combination of options that VW makes available in my country, but it is still a compromise because it does not represent the full selection of what VAG has to offer. I chose a Sportscombi/Variant/SportWagen GT, TSI (1.4 150), manual...
  8. D

1.4 TSI 150hp tuning options

I'm in the process of ordering a 2016 Golf Sportscombi GT here in Sweden (aka Variant, Estate, or SportWagen, depending upon the market). My wife insists on a manual transmission and we need a trailer hitch, so the R is not an option. 4Motion might be good to have here in the Frozen North, but...