GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ebolamonkey

FS: MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI - OEM Shocks and Driver Gear Sports Springs

$180 - Driver Gear Springs with about 34000 miles: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/sport-springs-set/5g4071677e/ $100 - OEM Shocks with 35000 miles. Installed new suspension and no longer these these parts. Price is OBO. Located in Rockville, MD.
  2. ebolamonkey

Oil around filler cap

Did an oil change and no leaks so far! Actually I have an update on this. I purchased another product off of AliExpress that extends the filler neck and makes filling the oil easier. Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803333069258.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef18028cpWDZ Just got...
  3. ebolamonkey

A/C problem not blowing cold from all vents!

This. We're supposed to about 1.1-1.2 lbs of refrigerant in there and mine was 0.815 or something. That's almost a loss of 1/3 of the refrigerant! Recharged it and now it's good to go.
  4. ebolamonkey

Oil around filler cap

I'll let you know on the next oil change, haha.
  5. ebolamonkey

Oil around filler cap

The problem isn't the o ring but the main seal. I changed mine out today with the red seal and green o ring. The original cap has a black seal and no o ring. No leakage previously (maybe slightly?) but precautionary change to prevent future possible leaks. Got the kit for ea888 gen3 from...
  6. ebolamonkey

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

I used some Frost King Foil backed Fiberglass wrap (link: Lowes. ~$8USD - July 2022) to wrap my Injen cold air intake and airbox. Going to use rest of the Frost King Fiberglass to make a battery insulation and some heat tape to make a battery wrap for my 48H6 AutoCraft Gold Battery (730CCA)...
  7. ebolamonkey

6SPD/DSG Transmission Mount

Someone asked if this is the ECS part. It is not. It's a knock-off that's at 85A vs the 70A of ECS. PM if interested.
  8. ebolamonkey

6SPD/DSG Transmission Mount

This is a Polyurethane 85A durometer Transmission Mount for those with a 6SPD/DSG GTI or R. My Golf is a 5SPD so unfortunately this didn't fit my car as I had to go with the 85A Green insert from BFI. I've mounted the Engine Mount and have no need for this part anymore. $120 OBO + Shipping...
  9. ebolamonkey

Stock Air Filter - OEM Options

This doesn't concern folks who are looking to do an CAI, run some sort of oiled filter like K&N, or have some other kind of non-stock airbox setup. History and Context I've used Purolator filters since 2004. In 2006 Bosch and Mann-Hummel bought Purolator from Meritor ($3.34bil rev in 2017). In...