GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Thibault China

Thibault's Sportwagen/Variant/Estate 1.4tsi (Chinese market)

September 2017 R-LINE front bumper set (1650rmb/set + 600rmb paint/install) I am quite pleased with the result that changed a lot the look of the car!
  2. Thibault China

audio shut down when restart (with stop&start S/S)

Hi everyone, Here is something that bothered me since I've got my car (mid-2015). Each time the Stop&Start system kick-in at a stop/red-light, the headunit/Multimedia system will stop* for 1/2sec when the engin restart. *:screen become black and no sound.(audio/video/navigation) The...
  3. Thibault China

MAY 2016 mods 2/? -FRONT-EXHAUST TUNNEL TRAY (18.54€) ref: 5Q0825229C I took some time this morning to finally install this part my parents brought me from France (and this part IS made in France ^^)... I took some black bolts/washers/nuts I have in our warehouse and the install was very...
  4. Thibault China

MAY 2016 mods 1/? -FULL LEFT/RIGHT SWITCHES AROUND GEAR BOX with HARNESS (420rmb) BEFORE/AFTER: I just put the switches on and didn't touched the wiring yet because I don't have lot of time for this mod (yet). Here are the harnesses I received with my switches (next to old ones)...
  5. Thibault China

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yes, rim+tire = almost 18kg. It's expensive to buy lighter wheels... How about yours ? (rims+tire) Are they OEM or also some replica ?
  6. Thibault China

Nice colors with the Lapiz-blue! Got the same (gun-metal 18x8J) for my Pacific-blue sportwagen. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246828&postcount=31 need find some wheel-caps now!
  7. Thibault China

CABIN Hatch Release Button in driver area (addition to ECS/USP hatch-pop-kit)

Hi all! I've installed a hatch-pop-kit on my GSW (the one from ECS) and was wondering and thinking about adding a release button near the driver seat... like some aftermarket's button's kit for the MK6. (ECS but also USP I guess) I saw a DIY on vwvortex on a MK6 where the button was added...
  8. Thibault China

Yes, I heard that most obd dongles keep using electricity even when you turn ignition off and close the car. I don't have kessy system but I guess it could be tricky if it's not closed well or if you let the keep nearby with the dongles plugged...maybe you're car was still waiting you to come...
  9. Thibault China

Just installed my ECS Hatch Pop Kit this lunch. Works perfectly! (and yes, a bit noisy when it reach the top position but I suspect it comes from potential frictions between hatch and its plastic trim/panel) I'm Ok with it for now, and will see in the time.
  10. Thibault China

Nice touch, and not fancy. Looks OEM. (Just not 100% straight but I guess you'll arrange that soon)
  11. Thibault China

Must be frustrating on the morning, hope you get your cup of coffee before. (Had similar problem once on my previous car, but it was mostly because of some DIY I did while listening music a whole afternoon...) Do you know the cause of this "surprised" discharge ?
  12. Thibault China

APRIL 2016 mods 3/? -ECS HATCH POP KIT ES#3046195 (600rmb) (ordered the kit for the Sportwagen/Estate but written ES#2972830 on the packaging...) BUT It's rrriiiiiissssiiiiinnnng ! ha ha (Sorry I can't upload videos) It's working perfectly fine, even with the "emergency triangle kit" and the...
  13. Thibault China

So... ECU sent ! Will be doing some sport this week ^^ which is not that bad with the weather we have...
  14. Thibault China

Added the chrome tailpipes tips on mine this week. Looks like it's OEM which is nice, and stock was a bit too dark down there... Next will be the ECS hatch-pop-kit, some gearbox buttons-swaps and undertray panels...
  15. Thibault China

Sending ECU over to help APR's ECU upgrade development 1.4tsi 150hp ?

I'm currently in the middle of a big thinking... My local APR shop in China informed me that an APR engineer will be near Guangzhou/Hongkong for a few days and that he would need some stock ECU to work on to develop an upgrade for the 150hp/250Nm version of the 1.4tsi... So he ask me to sent...
  16. Thibault China

APRIL 2016 mods 2/? -CHROME TAIL PIPES (70rmb) I went for an aftermarket version similar to OEM products and also with a "no-screw" fixture system. -BOSCH AERO TWIN WIPERS A863S (129rmb) 650mm/26" + 450mm/18" wipers This set is for Golf VII [5G1] and Golf VII Variant[BA5] and LHD ...no...
  17. Thibault China

I finally upgraded my 16x6.5J(et46)&205/55R16 stock wheels for some 18x8J(et45)&225/40R18 wheels....^^ Here are the before/after: (...+3.46kg/corner...sniff:(... BUT I think they look awesome! :p
  18. Thibault China

APRIL 2016 mods 1/? -REPLICA AUDI RS6 rims + NS-II 225/40R18 tires (4800rmb) RIMS: 18x8J ET45 (66.7mm bore, so with 66.7/57.1mm adapter) (load is indicated at 690KG on the inside of the rims) TIRES: NANKANG NS-II 225/40R18 92W (XL) (cheap tires for the moment...will see how they perform and...
  19. Thibault China

Yeah, I also did black-wrapped my mirror but I think I'll buy OEM mirror car.(can't decide in Black or Silver though...) I'm quite happy with the result, but it's not perfect and wrapping them was more a test that a "final" mod... So I'll say that quality_sound is right, better buy a OEM...
  20. Thibault China

MARCH 2016 mods -12V SOCKET MOVED to rear-door area (free) Using the stock socket from the cargo area and the fact the I took off nearly every trim in the car, I was able to pull the stock 12vSocket to a different area without the need to change the wires. (just detached and reattached the...