GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ferrari

2016 Golf R 6-sp vs 2019 Golf R DSG?

I might be able to trade in my 2016 Golf R 6-sp manual for a 2019 Golf R DSG, while keeping the same monthly payments. I know the DSG is faster, but it didn’t exactly wow me when I test drove it, and it lugged the engine in D just like my wife’s 2018 GSW DSG does. Any pros to a 2019 vs a 2016...
  2. Ferrari

Maintenance question – 2016 Golf R 6-speed manual

Maintenance question – 2016 Golf R 6-speed manual The front differential, is it lubricated by the transmission fluid, or does it have it’s own separate chamber? If it’s separate, does it take the same oil / fluid as the rear differential? How often do these need to be changed? My car has...
  3. Ferrari

Launching car on snow – XDS+ braking rear wheels?

Car: 2016 Golf R, 6-speed manual, stock Launching the car on snow with the ESC / TC turned off (holding the button down for 3 sec), I notice that the rear wheel(s) are slowed down momentarily. I don’t think the traction control is intervening (since it’s turned off). I guess this is due to the...
  4. Ferrari

MK7 Golf - windshield wipers hitting A-pillar issue

For my 2016 Golf TSI, the windshield wipers sit higher than normal in the off position, and hit the A-pillar when wiping. Normally the wipers are hidden below the bottom of the windshield, but in my case they sit quite high. Is there a way of resetting their normal / off position, or do I need...
  5. Ferrari

2016 Golf R 6MT - 4th Gear Lever Vibration

I have a 2016 Golf R 6MT, 2000KM (1250 miles). Stock, no modifications. I noticed that the gear lever vibrates in 4th gear. No other gears cause this issue, only 4th. The vibration is felt ONLY in the gear lever, no other noticeable vibrations in the engine, chassis, steering wheel, pedals etc...
  6. Ferrari

No Performance Pack GTI from 2017 onwards

I went to a VW dealership in Toronto, Canada yesterday, and I saw the brochures for the 2017 GTI. The Performance Pack has been discontinued, at least in Canada. The sales person confirmed this as well. The GTI will only be available in Base or Autobahn for the 3-door, and Autobahn only for the...
  7. Ferrari

FS: ECS 6-Speed Clutch Bleeder Block for VW / Volkswagen

FS: ECS 6-Speed Clutch Bleeder Block for VW / Volkswagen Create a more aggressive feeling clutch while improving durability with this new ECS clutch block Brand new, never opened. Fits MK5, MK6, MK7. https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2586656/ $160 Located in Mississauga, ON
  8. Ferrari

FS: APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket (6-speed) for VW / Volkswagen

FS: APR Solid Shifter Cable Bracket (6-speed) for VW / Volkswagen Shift with confidence with a solid and direct feel Brand new, never installed. Fits MK5, MK6, MK7 Golf, Jetta etc with 6-speed manual transmission. https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2795995/ $260 Located in Mississauga, ON
  9. Ferrari

Manual transmission adjustment - what size locking pin?

Today I installed an Audi S3 short shifter and ECS shifter cable bushings in my 2015 MK7 GTI 6-speed manual. Luckily I had a locking pin from an APR shifter cable bracket (which I did NOT install because it looked like it'd be a PITA to remove the turbo ducts in order to access it). This locking...