GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

New rotors/brake pads - Metallic tapping/rattling in rear passenger side

Last week I installed some new slotted/holed rotors and new brake pads to my car for both the front and the rears. The car has mostly been driving smoothly since then with the exception of an annoying tapping/rattling going on in my rear passenger wheel. With the windows down it's a loud thud...
  2. A

Colored bolts/ caps

Anyone have these or know good/bad brands and sources? Currently sporting a set of Black Enkei TS10's and have just the standard bolts. Curiously thinking of swapping them for colored ones.
  3. A

Vibrant 1790 Resonator Replacement/ Muffler Delete

After getting the muffler delete, replaced my stock resonator with a Vibrant 1790 Bottle Resonator. Here is the sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5itF8h484
  4. A

Resonator delete/replacement - Updates coming this weekend

I posted last month a video of me doing a muffler delete, and currently placed an order for the Vibrant 1790 resonator to do a replacement (rather than a straight resonator delete). I've asked around and GTI Jake was kind enough to give me some insight. I decided to do the 1790 and not the 1792...
  5. A

muffler delete w/ vibrant ultra quiet res

I currently have a muffler delete and was thinking of doing this setup to add more noise while reducing the possible drone that a regular resonator delete would create. 1. Does anyone have this setup or have heard this setup before? 2. I've been told to get a downpipe before, but I dont want...
  6. A

Aftermarket resonator?

Has anyone actually done a resonator swap versus a delete? I currently have a muffler delete on my car, and shops in my area are wary of doing muffler AND res deletes due to inspections. Mentioned I need to have at least some form of muffler or resonator, not referring to the cat either. I was...
  7. A

Rieger Kit pictures? Post them here!

Hey ya'll, Currently I'm sitting on DG springs, and I'm looking into lips/skirts/diffusers now for my car to get rid of a little more FTG gap and make my car look nice as well. I would like to see photos of the kit (aside from just store photos). If you have the same setup as me that's a bonus...
  8. A

Muffler Delete in progress

Pulled trigger on some tips and am now waiting on my car to be finished. Will upload a YouTube clip this weekend
  9. A

Muffler delete exhaust tips

So I want to do a muffler delete and am looking at some tips. I have not gone to a shop yet to see what they have in store, but I rather pick out one I do like the look of online before going to get the work done. 1. Are there any specifics (other than inlet size) I should be concerned about...
  10. A

3 inch vs 2.5 inch exhaust on the 1.8t

What are the benefits of going either or in these sizes on our exhausts? The specific exhausts I'm looking at are the 42DD 3 inch catback and the AWE Track Edition 2.5 inch catback.
  11. A

Xuji Steering Wheel Cover - DIY Tips?

Bought this cover online and plan to DIY, any tips? I told a friend about this as well, and he told me that I should seek professional assistance to have it done. I told him that seemed really odd and that yeah this might be time consuming, but not to where I'd be willing to dish out money to...
  12. A

Part storage suggestions? (Apartment no garage)

I live in an apartment with no storage units and no garage. Current mods are wheels and springs, with my wheels back at my parents' place before I moved and springs in a box under my bed. I planned on getting a catback, but then realized I needed to figure out where the darn thing will stay...
  13. A

Anyone own AWE Track Exhaust?

As the title reads, wanted to know if anyone has this exhaust (with stock DP) and could give some personal reviews on it. The only clips I see are from AWE themselves, but I'd like to hear a close up rev also. Also it seems like it's close to GTI sound, but I could be making a wrong comparison...
  14. A

Spacer sizes

Okay fellas, as I eagerly await my DG springs to come in and have installed, I was looking at my wheels and thought I could flush my wheels more, especially after the drop. I'm rocking 18x8.5 Enkeis on 235/40/18 tires. The rears could use a bit more poke, the fronts look fine.
  15. A

2 Door MT Golf DG Spring Part Number

I'm looking at DG springs and saw that the price on DAP is a definite steal for being $60 cheaper than most places like the dealership, but had a question about the part number. Should 5G4-071-677-E be the right fit for a 2 door manual golf? I know that there are several other numbers listed for...
  16. A

42DD Catback for 1.8t

Has anyone purchased this or have clips of the sound? I'm highly interested in this because I love the sound they have on the turboback, and it's a little meaner being 3 inch vs 2.5 inch that magnaflow and AWE make. I know it's not going to sound as loud, but I'd like to know if it's still worth it.
  17. A

1.8t Muffler Delete sizes?

Thinking of doing a muffler delete (aka removing the suitcase) to give my car more growl. What size piping should be recommended for our cars when doing this? 2.25, 2.5, or 3?
  18. A

Shaking car at high speeds (70-80)

Hey guys, recently I've been noticing that my car annoyingly shakes at high speeds, particularly noticeable in my seat/ "back end" of the car and not the steering wheel. Last month I did take my car in for my 20k oil change and maintenance and I was told they did a rotation on my wheels, but...
  19. A

ST X Coilovers Thoughts and experiences?

What's up people. I've been lurking around these forums for a while asking about parts, but I think I'm ALMOST settled on getting ST X coilovers. Before I hit the trigger eventually, I wanted to know what experiences have people had with these in the past or currently? I know they should be...
  20. A

42 Design TSI 1.8t Catback

Strolling through youtube I ran across this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuPknfU3hRs What are ya''lls thoughts? Anyone had experience with other products from this company? I think it's nice especially since it's US made and for my model car specifically.