GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Radio - Help Please!

Hi, Was hoping someone on here can help, I am trying to upload the logo art covers for my preset radio stations on the settings, I put the images on a cd and in the menu settings it does recognise they are there but will not select them. Can anyone help or advise what format the images need to...
  2. R

Ecu help!

Hi all, I have a 2013 1.6 TDI, apparently the Ecu is either Siemens or Bosch. Does anyone know which for this model or how you can tell? Thanks
  3. R

Re-mapped TDI vs TSI help

I was looking for some help on here but it's not a straight TDI vs TSI question....I currently own a 1.6 TDI which when driving in city isn't always as responsive as I would like. Hence I'm considering the Superchips bluefin remap, I have attached the power curve map below...
  4. R

TDI Regens

So to the point....should I be worried if my golf is doing regens every week now? Or is it likely down to the colder weather
  5. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Took it to VW for about the 8th time due to faulty stereo, they are now putting 3rd unit in. So bored of my TDI but thanks to emissions scandal the re-sale value is now pathetic
  6. R

TDI engine re-mapping

Know this divides opinion on here but I would like to hear from anyone who has had their TDI re-mapped. I have a 1.6 (my budget didn't extend to a 2l when I purchased before you ask) which I am thinking of getting an extra 40bhp added next year when the warranty runs out
  7. R

Diesel scandal - the consequences

My question is two fold as I own a TDI, if proven that in the UK and the value of certain models is significantly degraded as a result could VW be forced to buy back cars at the price they sold them for? And do we think this scandal will ultimately shift momentum back to petrols in Europe when...
  8. R

Thoughts on selling TDI

So after owning my 1.6 TDI SE for 5 months I've decided I want rid, had my heart set on my golf but unfortunately my budget didn't extend to a gti. Bought it with 24k miles on clock and have added 5k more since but frankly I'm bored with it, it's just so totally uninspiring to drive almost...
  9. R

Interior cleaning

Is it me or does the inside of the MK7 get incredibly dusty incredibly quickly? Never experienced it like this in my previous cars. Wondered what folks use on here as their preferred cleaning prouducts for interior?
  10. R

DPF Regens

I have a 1.6 TDI which after trying to do an active regen last week tried again today but usually you can only hear it once you have stopped but this time the noise was even drowning out the engine whilst driving. Has anyone else encountered this and is it normal? I do mainly city driving but...
  11. R

Mpg driving technique help

Hi all, So I took my Golf on its first decent long run at the weekend, a 5hr round trip to Silverstone. On the way I was generally between 70-80mph and was disappointed to only get about 52mpg. Drove like a granny on the way home mainly at 60mph but sometimes up to 70mph and got the mpg up to...
  12. R

Did I make the right decision?

Hi all, I'm new on here, purchased my first VW about a month ago, always had my heart set on a Golf MK7. My budget would only allow the entry level S and even then it couldn't extend to the 1.4 TSI however I got lucky and found a 1.6 TDI SE at my local VW dealership. For all the extras it was...