GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Oil filter housing rod

Well, you've missed opportunity for replacing the "stick" with the updated version and adapter. In general, I'm quite certain that all that stuff has to be replaced at some intervals. It's not like the rubber valves/seals will last forever in hot oil. Obviously nobody seems to know that...
  2. L

FS: Stock GTI suspension - willing to split

Can you confirm that springs could be "transplanted" onto Golf SportWagen's front shock (non Alltrack) that I'd like to bring to GTI ride standards? If yes - how much? I'm ok getting the whole set (and keeping shocks as spares for my GTI). I can readily drive up for local pick up.
  3. L

WTB: OE wheel and tire set Southern Wisc.

I still have almost brand new set (maybe 1.5k miles on them) that came stock with my 2016. Wheels have been stored in garage and only used few times after delivery (noise level test, while my 16" dailies had to have flat fixed, etc). I'll accept reasonable offers and should be able to deliver...
  4. L

TCR Side Skirts on a Sportwagen?

Why not if they fit Golf? Isn't an extra foot past the rear wheelarch the only difference?
  5. L

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Good job. My GTW is nowhere near that stage.
  6. L

It was even closer with 16" on non-PP. While I managed to clear calipers on one pair, I've ended up repositioning wheel weight when I had to rotate tires.
  7. L

ETC opinions

What's your opinion regarding VW's electronic throttle programming? Do you find it annoying at low speeds (like when creeping - sometimes in neutral - in traffic and shifting back into 1st to keep the vehicle going)? It seems to overcompensate - as if to avoid stalling - and this results in...
  8. L

gravity (?) is bringing me down

How many of you have noticed that your Golf/GTI is sitting lower than when new? What's normal drop? I got surprised when none of my jacks would go under the lift points (when rotating tires at 11k) and then when trying to ride onto ramps for oil change (I had to set them slightly crooked as they...
  9. L

Lovely, but we'll never get it here. Now even a 2 door Golf is verboten frucht. Sad. BTW, it looks very much like Civic back when Hondas' looked good.
  10. L

Lets talk about moving....

I don't know about it. Unless you had new job guaranteed back in Florida or enjoyed applying for one I'd stay put. You own a house in what I believe is low tax area and it's a great thing not to worry about having to have income high enough to cover at least taxes and loans (I don't know how...
  11. L

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Well, it may actually get faster due to AC not having to work as hard.
  12. L

2 door unicorn. Now available only on the other side of the pond (and with all the bells and whistles). The only way it should be had.
  13. L

BREAKING: Outdated Air-Cooled News: Porsche, VW, And Zündapp Lies

I'd not care if ATs were just boring. Unfortunately ATs just don't do what I expect them to at a given moment, are less dependable and more pricey (I bet the automakers and shops like that part). Also, the whole better mpgs is such a load of BS.
  14. L

How much was it? I've stored away my OEMs as these impaired rear visibility way too much (and I rarely carry passengers anyway).
  15. L

I do. I've yet to take mine in but don't like the idea of others sticking their fingers in it. It's rarely the case that things are in the same (or better) shape after being taken apart unnecessarily. Especially when the shop has to complete the work in minimum time necessary and at minimum...
  16. L

I've received my euro lights switch, yellow h15 Nokyas and smart and easy magnetic phone (and tablet) holder. Results pictured below: - standard vs yellow drls high beams and the "icing one cake" aka "full euro-style" And on the inside - had it on my TSI, imho the best phone mount.
  17. L

I'd say that ~214+ is where the oil temps stabilize. Takes ~20 miles in cold weather to get to that point (even with front grille partially blocked and full engine bay belly pan). Water temps reach stable 194 point in relatively short time.
  18. L

I've winterized mine - cut out a matching plastic strip cover for the lower grill (out of dimpled underlayment plastic mat). Come out pretty good (sorry, not a great picture) and was easy/quick and cheap. Should improve warmup times and keep salt out of the engine bay (though I plan on using my...
  19. L

What's wrong with the spring? Isn't it required for the pedal to return to disengaged position? I'm all for getting 1st gear shift better/easier (just can't get it right every so often, really frustrating compared to "idiot proof" clutch in ZX3).
  20. L

mirror caps swap

I'm interested in red and can offer white. Vehicle to vehicle preferably (no cash changes hands). I believe that both cars would benefit (red getting white caps and my white getting reds). Would anyone in Chicago area be willing to partake in a little weekend project?