GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

OEM Valley Wheels on 2015 MK7 GTI-- non-PP

Thanks. I did this as well but I’m having trouble applying these measurements to the wheel cavity. How much space does one need between the wheel cavity and the new tire to safely prevent any rubbing?
  2. H

A follow up question. The used Valley wheels in question have 205/55R17 Vredestein tires on them. Only used one winter so I’d like to keep them. I’m wondering if they are too tall for the wheel area. I know my speedometer will read materially lower than my true speed, but are they simply too...
  3. H

Looking at a set of Valley wheels from an Alltrack with decent winter tires. Will they fit my GTI? I don't have the larger R brake rotors, but I'm concerned about the different offset measurements vs. the stock Austin wheels ( 42 vs. 49mm). Should that be a concern? Thanks.
  4. H

Oil Temperature

I drove about 30 minutes at highway speed to run an errand yesterday and after about 25 minutes, drove back home. I noticed that the oil temp never got about 205 degrees. Doesn't it need to get up to 212 in order to boil off the water created during the combustion process? If not, then...
  5. H

APR DSG Tune Only

In general, I like my GTI and think it has sufficient power in stock form, but I hate the behavior of the DSG in normal mode. The shift points are way too low. If you were driving in completely flat terrain, it might be a non-issue, but I live in an area with slightly hilly roads and find myself...
  6. H

MK7 GTI vs. MK6 GTI

I think it is time to put my 1998 Audi A4 Avant out of its (and my) misery. I have been thinking about a GTI as its successor. Currently, TrueCar is quoting the following prices in the NY area: 1. 2014 GTI DSG Wolfsburg edition: $22,421 2. 2015 GTI DSG S edition: $24,417 Neither price includes...