GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

OEM Mats, Monster Mats and more

GTI got totaled before I could use them, moving on to a different direction Prices do not include shipping, pickup is of course free. I'm from the greater Los Angeles area, 91325 or 93550 For Sale: 1x Brand New in original box 4door OEM Roofrack SOLD 2x Brand New in original box OEM Bike...
  2. F

Monster and OEM mats

Wrong section of forum, sorry, please delete.
  3. F

FS: OEM Roofrack & 2 OEM bike mounts

GTI got totaled before I could use them, moving on to a different direction Prices do not include shipping, pickup is of course free. I'm from the greater Los Angeles area, 91325 or 93550 For Sale: 1x Brand New in original box 4door OEM Roofrack SOLD 2x Brand New in original box OEM Bike...
  4. F

=/ My Mk7... series of bad events

1) Deep scratch on the side of the car. (6 months ago) 2) Adaptive HeadLight Error (1 month ago) 3) Check Gas Cap error (Yesterday morning) 4) Lady scraped my car yesterday afternoon (wheel, body, door, rear light ,and rear bumper damage) 5) Engine light came on this morning.... (car shudder's...
  5. F

LED Taillight Alternative

Hey guys, I've been wanting to get the euro-style LED Taillights for my GTI but the amount $$ and labor are too much in my opinion.:mad: I've been keeping an eye out on prices on eBay and today I came across this style of LED Taillights. It looks sorta cool, and if it's plug 'n play, it's a way...
  6. F

Looking for Cosmetic Mods!

Looking for people with experience or knowledge with aftermarket spoilers and mirror caps/covers for the GTI. I would love to add a spoiler on my GTI to make it stand out and look more sporty. I found some but are either too pricey or looks too tacky. From CHINA, "O-type", Carbon Wrapped, not...
  7. F

Rusty Brakes?

So, I have expressed my concerns about the rear brakes being extremely squeaky and loud before. I took it back to the dealer and they said they did something that was considered "non-machining" but they "roughened" the brake disc and the pads. The squeaks went away... but I started hearing...
  8. F

Roof Rack Louvers?

Hey guys, in this video @:37 the guy pointed out where to put the acoustic louvers to help reduce wind noise, but wouldn't the louvers also be stuck on the rubber strip that goes into the rack? I'm trying to reduce wind noise with the rack installed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuxaFU5p1LE
  9. F

Low Speed Squeaking

I get a sharp but moderate level of squeaking from the rear wheel on the passenger side during low speeds. It also makes a loud squeak when I apply brakes. It usually goes away after driving a couple of minutes, but it returns every time I use the car and is turned on from sitting 1hour+...
  10. F

Can't seem to figure out front plate

Hey guys, I know there are plenty of posts about front plate mounting without drilling into the bumper. I live in California. Some ideas I've found include: 1. Show n go, I think its too expensive and you could still get in trouble. 2. Zip ties, I like this idea but I fear it will block the...
  11. F

Need alignment already?

Hey guys, I noticed when my steering is completely centered, it slowly steers to the right. I only have 2800 total miles on the car, how is it happening so quickly? Is is because of bad roads here in SoCal?
  12. F

Cold Startup Vibrations?

Hey guys, I got a question for all the MK7 owners here. Every time I start up my car in the morning, I feel a lot of vibrations from the car. I suspect it's the engine trying to warm up, but there's a noticeable amount of vibrations going through the gas pedal and chassis of the car. It's almost...
  13. F

ETA on TCU and stage2 from APR?

@Arin Got an ETA on TCU and stage2? Does APR give packaged discounts when buying multiple products? Just wondering, going straight to stage 2 would basically cost over 3grand if everything was bought separately. Intake 450 Ecu 599 Tcu ~599? Catback ~1100? Turboback ~2300? Downpipe ~ 599?
  14. F

Are the glass factory tinted?

Does anyone know if the GTIs are factory tinted already? I was planning to get Llumar 80 Blue all around including the windshield. But It would be a waste of money if the factory windows already have UV protection.
  15. F

fog lights as DRL

Anyone run teir beautiful fog lights as DRLs. I do notice the U DRLs dim when fog lights are turned on during the day. But damn the car looks soo bad @ss with the fogs on. Any cons to running the fog lights all the time?
  16. F

SoCal and tinting advice

Hey guys. First car, and want to do my first tint. Which brand should I go for? I did some research. I heard Lumar, formula 1, and suntek are some good companies with good film. I don't like dark tints. So im thinking 70% all around with a clear uv film up front. Carbon or ceramic are the best...
  17. F

Electronic Parking Brake (US model)

Sorry if the title is misleading, but is it possible to get the cool electronic parking brakes our european counterparts do... we have the ol' fashion lever.
  18. F

Installing New Air Intake

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting APR's new Carbon Fiber Intake, I have never worked on a car before. Is it difficult to install a new intake? Also, how much installation from a dealer cost me? (Are prices negotiable?) http://www.goapr.com/products/intake_ea888_gen3_mqb.html
  19. F

US Spec tires?

So I honestly thought the car came stock with michelin sport but I was wrong.. anyone know what it is?.. all seasons?
  20. F

Accessories Just Came In

Hey guys, when I bought my GTI I negotiated to get some free accessories with the car, which include: 1. OEM Roof Rack 2. OEM Roof Rack Bike Mount 3. Rear Bumper Protection 4. Monster Mats 5. Sun Shade 6. USB Chord I have not checked out the roof rack and bike mount yet, but I am disappointed...