GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

GTD Oil temperature

I think I just slipped on the wheel and changed the screen from mpg to 'oil temp' today whilst getting rid of one of those BMW X5's with the normal ''bully boy i'm' bigger than you out of my way'' attiudes today. Anyway, quite warm today at 25c and the twisty road was uphill, I saw the oil...
  2. M

Golf GTD, wrong tyre pressure sticker£££££

Heres one for debate 2016 Golf GTD fitted with 19 Santiago, my handbook says for tyre pressure refer to the sticker on the car. The sticker on the car says ''36 psi front and back for two people'' and thats what they were set at. The car has always averaged around 43mpg on the 'long term' which...
  3. M

V power Diesel?

Anyone tried it? what did you notice if anything (I have tried a tankfull this week and it did make a difference that I will tell once I hear what others have noticed)
  4. M

Golf Mk7 Face lift

Anybody know when the facelift is likely to make an appearance? I was told Nov/Dec this year, VW in the UK have already closed the order books for Golf R and Clubsport models
  5. M

GTD 6MT v DSG mpg

I rather fancied a GTD DSG to replace my current 2.0 Golf Diesel, I was slightly concerned about the VW mpg figures being lower for the DSG as most auto's these days are the same or higher. We took a GTD DSG out and I reset the fuel consumption before we started, we did a 15 mile 'mixed route'...
  6. M

Heater/AC controls

My Golf GT TDI 2.0 has the manual heater controls and to be honest they are not as good as the Mk6 manual heater controls. On the Mk6 the temp control was in deg c and was pretty good, the Mk7 just has a blue/red line/segment and is quite hard to set, I also have to turn it to max first thing...
  7. M

Front Assist-Emergency braking function

As the title suggests...... I picked up a secondhand 2.0 GT TDI a couple of days ago, on the drive home (about 150 miles) I took a short cut down a country lane. I came to a 'S' bend that also has some posts around it. I was pushing on a little and up pops this funny warning for a second or so...
  8. M

Mk7 Discount

Hi, new here, about to buy a MK7 GT 2.0 Diesel, what is the best discount I can expect from a main dealer? Thanks !