GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Mk 7.5 Low Beam (Dipped) problem

Mk.7.5 1.4 tsi (UK) Golf. Both low beam lights (halogen) out. Fuse OK so assumed both bulbs had blown. Changed the bulbs but still out. Checked all four bulbs (old and new); found they were all OK. I'm completely mystified as all other lights etc. are fine. No modifications have been done to the...
  2. B

1st. service price.

I've just been quoted £191.80 for the first service on a 2.0tdi DSG Golf estate by the local VW dealer. This seems a lot to me for basically an oil and filter change. I'm not keen on using a VW dealer but it would probably reduce the hassle in the event of a warranty claim in the next two years...
  3. B

Auto Hold not available.

Auto Hold not available (2018 150bhp tdi) Had this message this morning along with a yellow warning triangle. The Auto Hold wasn't working but the electronic handbrake switched on manually OK. Turned the ignition off and back on but message and fault still there. Drove around a bit, turned...
  4. B

Headlight height adjustment - no wheel/switch

I realised last night that my 1 year old 7.5 doesn't have a headlight height adjuster wheel/switch. The headlight heights can only be adjusted in the infotainment menu. Before anyone mentions it the car does not have xenon or led headlights. The other 1 year old 7.5 (estate) that we also have...
  5. B

Paint over spray on 'Dover' wheel

I recently bought a year old turmeric yellow 7.5 tse from a UK car supermarket and just noticed a fine layer of yellow over spray on one of the Dover wheels. It's particularly noticeable on the intricate black painted parts of the wheel; presumably there's been some wheel arch repair. I thought...
  6. B

Battery charging - disconnect completely?

I always understood that, when charging a battery, it was sensible to disconnect it completely from the car. Is this still OK or is there some reason that the battery should remain connected to the car? I know various warning lights will appear on a Golf plus some info might be lost, but on...
  7. B

Genuine VW 'Madrid' 17" alloys

I'm selling a set of Genuine 'Madrid' 17" wheels removed from my previous Mk.7 Golf. They are 17"x 7 ET 49 PCD 112 and will probably also fit Mk.5 and Mk.6 Golfs plus many other VW's. They are all in excellent condition except for one wheel that has slight curbing and a scratch - please see...
  8. B

Carista. Throttle response behavior - meaning?

One of the options in Carista is entitled 'Throttle response behavior'. There are two possible settings - 'Gradual, controlled by time' and 'Direct, controlled by threshold' Could someone explain to me what these setting mean? Thanks in advance.
  9. B

Change cabin (pollen filter) RHD Mk.7

I need to change the cabin filter (UK - Pollen Filter) on my right hand drive Mk.7. There are lots of YouTube videos on left hand drive vehicles but I couldn't find a video for RHD (UK etc.) cars. I presume that the procedure is similar on both RHD and LHD but it would be good to check. Advice...
  10. B

Carista - meaning of three options?

I'm in the UK and I've got a Carista OBD unit but, TBH, I'm not that impressed as there's very few customisation options available for my Mk7 Match 150bhp tdi. However, there are three options that I can't make sense of - they're possibly USA specific. The first one reads 'Enable flashing rear...
  11. B

Carista - meaning of three options?

I've got a Carista unit but, TBH,*I'm not that impressed as there's very few*customisation options available for Mk7 Match. However, there are three options that I can't make sense of - they're probably USA specific. The first one reads 'Enable flashing rear fogs along with flash to pass' and...
  12. B

Protecting Madrid 17" Wheels

I've just fitted a set of Madrid 17" alloys to my Mk.7. They're black painted with silver outside colouring. I'm glad to say that the silver parts are not diamond cut but painted. Unfortunately I think that they will be extremely difficult to avoid marking with stone chips etc. Obviously I'll do...
  13. B

Volkswagen Connect Data Plug

Has anyone installed one of these free data plugs into the OBD socket? I've found it fairly useless as it can never find a GPS signal to show a map or location on the Mobile App; it seems to be just a marketing tool collecting data for VW. Is it worth bothering with?
  14. B

Tyre pressures - 17"

I'm changing the wheels and tyres on my 150bhp tdi Match from 16" to 17". The sticker on the door frame only shows pressures for 16" tyres and there are no pressures in the handbook. Can anyone tell me what the pressures for 225/45 R17 tyres should be as well as the 'comfort' and full load...
  15. B

OBD2 Scanner - suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying an OBD2 scan tool at a reasonable price; preferably bluetooth/android enabled. There's dozens on ebay but I'm doubtful about their reliability etc. I'd be grateful for suggestions. Thanks in advance
  16. B

Alarm LED in door not working

The red alarm LED in the driver's door isn't working. The alarm, deadlocking, door locks etc. are all working perfectly. It's probably a faulty LED but before I go to the dealer I'd appreciate any comments as I've a faint idea that I'm missing something. Thanks.
  17. B

Krooklock etc. for Mk.7 ?

Does anyone use a Krooklock or similar device on a Mk.7? There seems to be a lot of doubt if any of the steering wheel locks will fit correctly on modern steering wheels without damage to the wheel or sounding the horn. I read somewhere that Golf's are one of the most stolen cars at the moment...
  18. B

Air Con - Servicing?

I've recently been plagued with phone calls from the local VW dealer (part of huge dealership group) insisting that the Air Conditioning on my 2 year old (10k miles) Mk.7 requires servicing. AFAIK there's no requirement for the Air Con to be serviced and, as it's working perfectly OK, I think...
  19. B

Towing eye?

Should the Mk.7 toolkit contain a towing eye? My 2016 Golf Match doesn't have one. Thanks
  20. B

Headlamp moisture/condensation

I think this is a known issue. Quite a lot of moisture/condensation in the bottom of both of the headlamp 'glasses' in my just purchased, 8 month old Mk.7 1.6 tdi. Should I be concerned? Thanks for any comments.