GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Final photo dump for 2023- Finland Trip

From what I have heard in media you will get it from north of Sweden instead :D. PS Sweden decided to apply for NATO membership one hour ago!
  2. T

Adding coolant to 2016 TSI 1.8T Golf

Add G13 mixed 50%/50% with water. My guess is that you have G13 in your car. I have used G13 in four Golf mk7 since 2013. G12, G12+ and G12++ are former versions all possible to mix with G13. G12...G13 don't need to be changed. PS used G13 in a 1.8 TSI also (Alltrack 2018).
  3. T

Battery - 2018 R

I don't think anyone want this :). I did the "VCDS volt tweak" to deactivate it
  4. T

Battery - 2018 R

My manual Golf R mk7 (former car) had start/stop. (An EU car, Swedish).
  5. T

Golf R consumed 1.5l of oil on a track day.

Some treads in the matter: This one I created.. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/golf-r-extended-oil-consumption-during-track-days.345470/ Other treads: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/smoke-factory-at-the-track.365799/...
  6. T

close call in flooded parking lot - what to check?

As"riceburner" says... Check the insulation felt under the carpets. You or your workshop have to loosen the plastic door sills inside and press your/their hand under the carpet to feel the moisture /water if there are any. Besides from that I believe you will be fine.
  7. T

Golf Mark 7 2.0 TDI - electronic parking brake adjusment?

As golfdave writes, there is not any adjustments to do regarding electric handbrake. Just the winding function needed for replacement of rear brake pads (or other details). Have done it my self several times on Golf 7 using VCDS. /Peter
  8. T

Over rev manual

Agree. Money shift – confirmation of disaster /response time about 1 to 5 seconds, then you will know ?! /Peter
  9. T

Over rev manual

I had a MK7 R 2014 for 4 years. Did the trick with putting it in 2 gear instead of 4 from 3 on a track day. The tachometer showed about 7500 or so, didn’t totally released the clutch pedal, quickly pressed it down. No other impact than a fault message something with overrev. in engine module...
  10. T

Oil consumption w/ hard turning and braking

Nothing wrong with your plugs. Looks normal. Threads are black since there are nothing to block the exhaust gases to get there. Also normal.
  11. T

1.5 TSI Evo engine problems

Mainly forum visitors from US….. Could be :). Many writers don't say where they live. At least I can't figure it out from 2-3 letters in "Location". @arnw Since I also own a Seat Leon Cupra I am often on the UK seatcupra.net forum (a forum not just for Cupra, also for other models). I have...
  12. T

Performance air filter testing

Thanks, some reviews to read and consider :).
  13. T

It’s nearly impossible to find a balanced review /test of how different filter alternatives filter micro “dust”. If somebody say one brand is “crap” I doubt there is an advanced technical test behind the words… /Peter
  14. T

I have used JR and K&N oiled filters over the years in different VAG cars. Haven’t found any debris / fine dust in the intake channels after the filter. I analyse it in detail! What about BMC oiled filters compared to others? Where do they stand, do BMC filter smaller particles than K&N? If BMC...
  15. T

The 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Is Finally Going on Sale in the U.S. This Summer

Big ”hatchback”. MQB based. Rather popular here in Europe. /Peter
  16. T

Toyota camery rear bumper (observation)

PS One restriction – if the dent have occurred when parking nearby my VAG cars, then It’s really bad :D:D! /Peter
  17. T

Toyota camery rear bumper (observation)

With the design of the Camry does it matter if you have a dent or two? …..Makes no difference. Have never owned a Toyota.
  18. T

Subaru of topic Texas car

My son is working on purchasing a Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2007 imported to Sweden from Texas US year 2012. It’s with the “famous” 2,5 litre engine known for the “ringland” issue. The engine have gone through a total makeover with Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods Arp head bolts 10000 km ago. Not to...
  19. T

Mind-blowing!!

:eek: :D!! /Peter
  20. T

Golf R Extended oil consumption during track days

I have experienced extended oil consumption during “hot” track days with hard heavy braking. I use oil with spec. VW 504.00/ 5w-30. As someone mentioned on this forum “if you don’t notice high oil consumption in Golf GTI/R on track, you don’t brake hard enough…” Last track day I visited was...