GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Flup

Blank screen after refuelling (!)

Yesterday evening I drove to the petrol station with the radio on and functioning normally. After refuelling, I started the engine, the radio came on but the screen was blank. Turned it off and on again, still blank. I could press things on the screen and it went 'beep', I could switch...
  2. Flup

Why check oil at 'operating temperature'?

This might be a bit of a numpty question -- I know next-to-nothing about all that stuff under the bonnet. On p298 of the handbook it says to check the oil when the engine is at operating temperature. Does this really make a difference? Does oil expand when hot, or is there another reason?
  3. Flup

Removing dealer stickers

Hi, I picked up my lovely new 2.0 GTi on Saturday \o/ and now, as I sit by the window admiring it, my eye is drawn to the horrible dealer sticker at the top of the rear window. I didn't notice it on the walkaround (I was too busy microscopically examining the bodywork!). It's a laser-cut...
  4. Flup

Order tracker now offering email & SMS updates

Hi, I noticed this new banner across the top of the order tracker this morning -- looks like VW are finally offering alerts when orders change state. Cheers - Ian
  5. Flup

VW insurance and GAP in thef first year

Hi, This came up in another thread, but I've just spoken to them again so I thought I'd let you know my strange experience: When I set up the seven-day cover for my new car, the woman obviously gave me an annual quote and went through all the blah blah blah... including that in its first year...
  6. Flup

Repairs invalidate warranty?

Hi, I just arranged the short-term insurance thing for a friend who's buying a new Vauxhall, and the guy on the phone said something which might apply to us as well (although the VW insurance people never said this to me). The guy said -- possibly in a bid to sell their own insurance -- that...
  7. Flup

Retrofitting mudflaps -- possible, easy?

My 2.0 TDi is on order, and stupidly I didn't specify mudflaps. Has anyone retrofitted the original VW parts, and if so, how easy is it?
  8. Flup

Dealers only interested in selling 'local' extras

Just thought I'd share my experience of this to see how common it is. When I put in my order, the salespeople at my dealer weren't even slightly interested in how I configured the car. They even talked me out of Park Assist ('no-one bothers with it on their second VW'). No attempt at...
  9. Flup

Build week confirmed... must stop obsessing...

Finally my build week was confirmed today (although I don't know what it is because my dealer contact is away today). Quite why the tracker can't just tell you is beyond me... moan, grumble etc. Am just hoping that it's delivered by the end of March so I don't have to renew the tax on my trade-in!
  10. Flup

How to get email updates from the order tracker

Hi, Apologies if this has been covered before, but just thought I'd share this method of getting email updates from the order tracker, as it's helping me not check it every five minutes :) Make yourself an account on www.watchthatpage.com (it's free) Enter this URL in the 'your pages' bit...
  11. Flup

Things to check on delivery

Hi all, Last week I ordered my 2.0 TDI \o/ long lead time (estimated April) but am already absorbing everything on this forum! When I pick up my new car, what should I check or be wary of? Things I've picked up from here: 1. Check for wastegate rattle (does the 2.0 have a wastegate?) 2...