GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Any Experience of VW Insurance?

I posted a thread on this subject nine years ago. Once again I am thinking of switching to VW Insurance. Does anyone have any experience of their service , support and claim dealing please?
  2. J

Golf Mk. 7.5 Petrol Particulate Filter

Many thanks.
  3. J

Golf Mk. 7.5 Petrol Particulate Filter

Does a Golf Mk. 7.5 1.5 TSI 150. Petrol Have a particulate filter please?
  4. J

Deleting stored radio station in Mk7.5 Golf.

Thank you very much, there doesn't seem to be anything in the User Manual.
  5. J

Deleting stored radio station in Mk7.5 Golf.

How do I delete a stored radio station in the Golf Mk 7.5? I cannot find anything in the User Manual. Any help please?
  6. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Golfdave, yes of course I saw that. Sorry I forgot however, the technology is beyond my understanding. Many thanks.
  7. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Here is a thought and if it isn't picked up I will start a new thread. The Golf 7.5 has a 1.5 TSI petrol engine with 130 or 150 options. What exactly does VW do to the engine to account for this difference. Any thoughts please?
  8. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Thank you for all your thoughts. I find my 1.5 TSI 130 Manual unresponsive. My old 1.4 Mk.7 was a much better engine in my opinion.
  9. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Fuelboss, could I repeat the request please: 150 or 130, manual or DSG. I have a 130 but haven't had any noise issues. Anyone know of 130 and 150 comparison reviews please? SRGTD, the missing battery cover is the most obvious saving. The rot set in when they removed the pen from the user...
  10. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Thanks Golfdave. I don't know too much about the technicals apart from the published details but I have, for many years, run my Golfs on Shell V Power Nitro, 99 Octane. I know I get a better MPG. I miss my old 1.4 TSI.
  11. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

I will do that but really these cars really need to be driven over an extended mileage. If anyone is aware of a web site review of both models I would be interested. I can find plenty of reviews but no comparisons of both engines. Many thanks.
  12. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Thank you. My 130 is sluggish and I am forever changing gear on country roads, nothing like my 1.4. Other 130 owners might not agree but I haven't been able to find a review that compares the two engines.
  13. J

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

Has anyone experience of driving these two models for long enough to ascertain whether there is a significant difference in power between the two. I find the 130 unresponsive and nothing like my old 1.4 TSI. I wonder if the 150 is any better. Any thoughts please?
  14. J

Anyone in UK bought a NEW Golf 1.5 TSI Petrol Manual recently?

There have been a lot of reports about the Golf 1.5 TSI petrol, manual gearbox engine recently. There seems to be a problem with kangarooing, hesitating or flat spotting at road junctions and roundabouts. This seems to apply to the manual version of the vehicle and there are reports of some...
  15. J

Anyone in UK bought a NEW Golf 1.5 TSI Petrol Manual recently?

There have been a lot of reports about the Golf 1.5 TSI petrol, manual gearbox engine recently. There seems to be a problem with kangarooing, hesitating or flat spotting at road junctions and roundabouts. This seems to apply to the manual version of the vehicle and there are reports of some...
  16. J

Problem with 1.5 TSI EVO engine.

Does anyone have any experience of hesitating or kangarooing in 1st and 2nd gear with this engine please?
  17. J

Fuel Consumption Indicator

On my previous Golf Mk 7 I could access an indictor that told me how my fuel consumption increased with each gadget I turned on. For example fuel consumption increases if you turn on the air conditioning. On my new Golf I can't seem to find this. Any thoughts please?
  18. J

How to change clock face.

For some reason the clock face in the infotainment screen has changed from a clock face with hands to a digital format. How do I change it back again please? I can't seem to find the right place in settings.
  19. J

1.4 TSI. 125: Which oil to use for top up?

The dealer has given me a pot of top up oil for my new Golf Match 1.4 TSI 125. I will be having a fixed service and I see from the manual that I should be using VW 502 compliant oil. I have been given Castrol Edge that is VW 504 compliant. Does this matter? I also see that there is a date on...
  20. J

Radio-Sat Nav Confusion

I have just collected my new Golf Match 1.4 TSI. My previous Golf was the MK7 SE TSI (Now 2 1/2 years old). I am finding some of the software changes confusing. I have never had sat-nav before and need some help please. First of all with the infotainment system turned off a clock would...