GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

110 PS TDI engine

Anyone running one of these in the UK (its 1.6 litre unit) - maybe with a DSG box? Got one on order (in 'Match Edition' spec) but never driven one and wondered how it compares to the 2.0 litre engines. I did have a 122PS (petrol) Golf Mk.6 but I guess that is completely different experience.
  2. M

Back in the Fold - but this time with 'Match Edition'

Well the GTD has been gone a month - and I miss it. But the reason to sell was largely driven by expense and it was coming up to its second service and would have also needed four new tyres shortly. However - I can't stay away. The new lease offer from Central UK Vehicle Leasing of a Golf Match...
  3. M

Boot (trunk) light permanently on....

Boot (trunk) light permanently on.... The car was backed up close to a wall last night - I had left a bag in the boot so went in to the boot compartment via the folding seats to retrieve it (rather than moving the car). I noticed that the interior boot light was on but dimmer than usual -...
  4. M

Golf R-Line (UK)

Have I chanced upon a new model..... http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-vii/which-model/rline/overview
  5. M

Mk.7 Meet - Essex/N 7 E London

Three of us have organised a meet at North Weald airfield at 11.00 on Sunday 26 October. its a just an informal natter at Wings cafe - there will be three GTD's (mine, HAB's and James75's) so please come along and join in! We aim to be there by 11.00! Title is supposed to say N & E London by...
  6. M

GTD - Detailing today at Unique Detail....

Dropped her off last night and met Andy - he seems like a very competent and friendly guy - certainly his detailing unit was well stocked! Work is being done today so will collect tomorrow morning..... I will be taking pictures and reporting back the results of course! BTW - the car was...
  7. M

GAP Insurance purchased

Having this GTD on low deposit finance left me feeling uneasy about the possibility of a total loss - so having read up on GAP insurance I took the plunge this morning and purchased a vehicle replacement policy. I guess its only for that nightmare situation, perhaps waking up one morning and...
  8. M

Fan speed lights in AUTO

I got the fan speed lights which you normally only see when AUTO is slected on th Mk.7 to show up. Using VCDS, go to '08-HVAC' and then Byte 11 and finally tick box (bit 6). Strange as previous versions have this straight out of the box. I also went in to '17 - Instruments' and turned off the...
  9. M

LED Reversing lights

The Mk.7 has twin reversing lights (in the inner bootlid light clusters). I found changing them to be the simplest of all the bulb changes on the mk.7; 1. Flip off the plastic cover to the inside of the tailgate lining (comes off with fingers). 2. Twist out the bulb holder (only one on GTD/GTI...
  10. M

Don't forget your mobile phone!

I have to say - that message on the screen is a very thoughtful feature - makes me smile every time (and remember the phone too)!
  11. M

Glovebox Light

Having just changed the vanity lights and boot light to LED, this morning I set about the glovebox light as the final remaining non LED in the car... Goodness me what a stress.. first its not easy getting the housing out, secondly there was very little slack in the cable meaning unplugging was...
  12. M

Collection Day!

Well, after almost five months and nearly 900 posts here talking about it, collection day has finally arrived.... My previous car was a lovely 'Deep Black' Scirocco 170 TDI and that was sold to a VW main dealer a few weeks ago - since then I have enjoyed a Peugeot 208 rental car (which to be...
  13. M

Transit wax

Is it the case that some kind of transit wax is still used these days on the Golf during shipping? I have heard one or two people complain about it not being cleaned off properly. If it is used, how should it be removed? Thank you...
  14. M

Colour conundrum!

My order is for a 3-door GTD..... Originally it was selected as Pure White but I have a few days to change it - trouble is I am still unsure.. Not considering Red or flat Black (or metallic black as that is what I have now) but 'Carbon Grey' seems like a lovely colour (and unique to the GTI &...
  15. M

Build Week 45 - 2013

As this is BW 45 - the week that VW traditionally updates its vehicle specs - anyone any clues on what has been done to the Mk.7? I hear that that there are some changes - but I have no details?