GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

1.4 TSI oil vapour ?

I am noticing oil collects in the recesses on top of the engine, mostly by no.1 ignition coil. There is no sign of a leak and I am wondering if it could be due to oil vapour, is this a known issue or what ? Thanks.
  2. P

Service Schedule information.

I am trying to find out details of what needs servicing, after how many miles/how long for each individual item, spark plugs, filters, cam belt, etc. The Service Schedule is all but useless and as my car is low mileage, I am not inclined to take the garages word for it, I would like to see a VW...
  3. P

Light switch query.

If the switch is turned fully clockwise to the headlight position, I find that the headlight icon on the switch does not illuminate, rather the sidelight icon stays illuminated green. Is this correct, does not seem right to me ?
  4. P

Buying a car, deposit contribution.

I am looking at a car which offers £750 deposit contribution if you take the financial package, which is 0% APR, and sure enough the total repayment is list price - £750. If paying cash there is no £750 reduction and so is essentially advertised at £750 more than the PCP deal, can you explain...
  5. P

Stop/Start not working.

I only do maybe 70 miles per week and it seems this is not sufficient to charge the battery enough for Stop/Start to work. The battery SOC is 50%, it used to be 60% or more so it seems the battery maybe slowly deteriorating. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone ?
  6. P

New cars sold with no spare wheel.

I was looking at a brochure for a Mazda 3 and noticed it has no spare wheel. OK I thought, how much is a space saver spare wheel, incredibly it's £291. Then I noticed that price is without a tyre, unbelievable. Since then, I have noticed that the majority of cars in this class are sold without...
  7. P

Sunroof leaking ?

Sometime after washing the car I was surprised to find a pool of water gathered in the gearstick gaiter, not a spot of water anywhere else. As far as I can see there must be a leak either at the front of the sunroof or the top centre of the windscreen. I can't reproduce the leak so I am just...
  8. P

Long term consumption display problem.

My long term display resets itself every 200 miles or so without being touched, does anyone else have this problem ? Also, several other stored values get reset sporadically.
  9. P

How do you adjust windscreen washers ?

I need to raise the height of the windscreen washer jets, any advice please. Do you just prize them with a screwdriver ?
  10. P

Start/Stop system not working today.

For the first time my Start/Stop system failed to work, could it be because it is only 4degC outside temp, the engine is at full temp. Also, on the Car Status screen there is a Start/Stop icon which when pressed says "power consumption high". The battery status says "SOC 60 percent".