GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI-7-Performance

2 year and 32,000kms and NO complaints

We tend to only post when we have a complaint. I have none. (Well except when I locked the key in hatchback - see another thread.) It is now 2 years since I collected my GTi PP (details below). I have covered 32,000 kms or just under 20,000miles. I get a long-term average of 7.6 litres per...
  2. GTI-7-Performance

Key-less locked me out!

After 2 years and 32,000kms I finally got caught. So I dropped my rucksack off in the boot of the GTI. The boot will open if you have the car key on your person. Sadly, the key was in my rucksack and we now know the only way to lock the key in the car is by the boot easy-opening system, where...
  3. GTI-7-Performance

New Civic Type R

It looks very very silly. What's that stupid business at the back? This is really for kids...
  4. GTI-7-Performance

Favourite Movie Quotes

"I don't expect you to talk Mr Bond, I expect you to die..."
  5. GTI-7-Performance

ESC Intervention - easy than expected

I'm surprised how readily the the Electronic Stability Control can be activated even with the Performance Pack electronic differential. Just floor it on a bend and it goes round like it's on rails, then I see the "ESC Intervention" message on the console screen. I guess if I turn it off I'll...
  6. GTI-7-Performance

ACC - Cruise Control Shuts Down in Storm

As you might expect really - too much for the radar to cope with. Driving through a downpour last night at 100kph (60mph) well behind another car (ACC setting middle) when my car slowed down and the ACC refused to work anymore...
  7. GTI-7-Performance

Cracking the Owner's Manual - list your tips

With the Mk7's Ownner's Manual stretching to in excess of 400 pages I though a thread on some of those hidden away features might be fun and useful. I discovered a couple that were switched off as the default, but I think are useful: Page 129 - Lowering and Storing front passenger exterior...
  8. GTI-7-Performance

Golf R - Jeremy's getting lazy...

Today's Sunday Times (March 30) "Driving" section carries a glowing review by Clarkson of the Golf R. Says how it's the car for millionaires who want all the fun and performance but keep a low profile and hide their wealth. Then 3/4 way through, I read with amazement that JC confessed that he...
  9. GTI-7-Performance

Golf R v SEAT Leon Cupra

Auto Express on YouTube...
  10. GTI-7-Performance

Discovery Pro and Text Messages

Before visiting my dealer, anyone throw any light on this: The Discover Pro hand book show how to receive and send text messages. (It's the receiving I'm interested in.) There is an envelope icon shown in a screen-shot in the handbook at the bottom of the phone contacts. This does not appear on...
  11. GTI-7-Performance

Block members

Ignore list in the control panel??
  12. GTI-7-Performance

2 minutes' GTi fun in the French Alps

Sorry can't seem to embed Flickr videos. So try this link. 8 minutes up the mountain, edited to 2 minutes. February 2014, French Alps: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7760586@N02/12766403664/
  13. GTI-7-Performance

Radar Love

As I cruised along letting the ACC take the strain, I suddenly wondered about the front radar system and how this might effect those with radar detectors in the cars. Probably a different frequency, but wouldn't it be fun if it set off radar detectors and better still interfered with the radar...
  14. GTI-7-Performance

Discovery Pro and Spotify Premium

I have signed up for 30 day free trial of Spotify Premium. For me the big attraction was to be able to listed to up to 3,300 tracks (as 'Playlists') offline. ie. in the car. I have tried with Discovery Pro and iPhone, iPad and iPod Shuffle. All have the same problem: With both Bluetooth and...
  15. GTI-7-Performance

Auto Express: Youtube R on Ice

Golf R on ice...
  16. GTI-7-Performance

Golf 7 Sportswagen released

Like the subject says...
  17. GTI-7-Performance

Your previous rides......Share it !!

This thread's got pix tho...
  18. GTI-7-Performance

Your previous rides......Share it !!

This is going back a bit...
  19. GTI-7-Performance

Golf 7 R in Swiss fog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_SwmCNjGzw They didn't have a lot to say...
  20. GTI-7-Performance

GTI v GTI Performance Pack

Check Auto Express' review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jVPZUXOYM