GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Sootchucker

Door warning light harnesses

Hi all. Bit if a strange question but I'll be looking to retro fit the door warning lights that I have on my current GTI into a 2021 Tiguan soon (they use the same parts). I know that when I did the job a few years ago on the GTI I really struggled to get pre-made harness's with the correct 2...
  2. Sootchucker

Ambient light mod for trim above glove box ?

Has any one worked out or done a mod to add an ambient light accent to the horizontal trim strip that runs across the passenger side of the dash above the glove box ? The design of the trim strip looks the same as the ones in the top of the front doors, albeit with the actual led strip replaced...
  3. Sootchucker

Upgrade to Nav Pro (MIB 2) but keeping Car-net

Just an enquiry here please. Now that they have been out for a few years, there's plenty of companies now in the UK, that can offer to upgrade the "standard" 8" Discover Nav on the MK7.5 Golfs to the bigger 9.2" Nav Pro. All of them say that component protection is removed and as such all...
  4. Sootchucker

Bluetooth music Streaming

Hi all, we recently got back from a Florida holiday where we were really lucky and got a free car upgrade from our booked Santa-Fa SUV (or similar), to a brand new Range Rover Sport 3.0L ( i know, tough right). One thing I quickly noticed about the RR was that after I’d paired my phone (either...
  5. Sootchucker

My new 2018 UK Spec Golf GTI

Hi all, after 15 years of running VW diesel cars, I finally broke the mold with my new 2018 UK spec GTI. I’ll be honest in that I was quite sad to see the GTD go, as it was a great car, but The GTI is just an itch I wanted to scratch. Here’s my “old” 2016 GTD EMI20016-Edit by Andrew Ellis, on...
  6. Sootchucker

Is it possible to get Video on the standard Nav unit (FL 7.5) ?

Hi all, am shortly about to take delivery of a new 7.5 GTI, with the standard 8" Discover Media System (albeit with Dynaudio), to replace my current 2016 GTD which has the Discover Pro (8" MIB II) - with Dynaudio. I did consider upgrading to the pro in the MK7.5 but decided the £1.3k cost...
  7. Sootchucker

Mirroring Android screen on headunit

Hi all, quick question please. On my current MK7 GTD, I have the MIB II 8" Pro Nav installed. As you may know this comes with the ability to play movies (wither from the DVD drive, the HDD or via an SD Card / USB Drive. As I sometimes have to wait at a train station for my wife (when it's...
  8. Sootchucker

Underseat Drawer - removal and fitting DIY

I thought I'd see how difficult it was to remove the underseat drawers from my current GTD, as my newly ordered GTI it looks like will not come with them. Surprisingly it only takes about 10 minutes per side. I pulled the passenger side one off at the weekend and thought I'd take some quick...
  9. Sootchucker

Android "Tasker" app help

Hi all. Been looking over on another forum and they mentioned that if you had an Android phone (which I do -a Galaxy S7), that you can download an app called "Tasker" which can automate all sorts of actions. What I'm after is being able to turn on the mobile hotspot on the phone...
  10. Sootchucker

Illuminated Cigarette lighter / 12V Accessory socket

Hi all. Does anyone know if VW produce a cigarette lighter / 12 accessory socket that has an illuminated ring around the edge. I'd preferable like the ring to be red but would accept white. If these exist, anyone know the VW part numbers please ? Our UK cars don't come with any form of...
  11. Sootchucker

Front "ashtray" lid removal

HI Guys. I'm looking to do the mod that member SABO did in illuminating the front ash tray (under the pop up cover ahead of the gear lever). Because I don't want to screw up my own ashtray, I've seen a second hand one on Ebay, dirt cheap which I though I could use as a donor. I.e. do the full...
  12. Sootchucker

Amazing MPG

Over the last tank I've been getting the best MPG I've ever had on my new GTD. The warmer weather coupled with the engine being nicely run in, although the run home from work was pretty congested, (and there is a 50mph speed section for 5 miles), netted this (the best I've ever had in this or...
  13. Sootchucker

Modificiations and insurance

Just curious on this question really. Being from the UK, our car insurance costs are pretty high to start with, and most mainstream insurance companies (though not all), are not very mod friendly and whack quite large premiums on for even very small things. Most often for heavy mods (mapping...
  14. Sootchucker

Digital TPMS retrofit ?

Saw a video on Youtube last night of a guy that had retrofitted the full digital TPMS system to a new Seat Leon (same platform as the Golf). This is the system with sensors in the wheels that send a signal to a receiver that's then sent to the dash and you see on the dash center display as...
  15. Sootchucker

Took a Benz out for a good drive yesterday !

Had to go out on business yesterday so the company as usual provided me with a car - in this case a Mercedes Benz A class, specifically an A180D Sport 5 door, 6 speed manual in Metallic grey - 4 months old with just 14k on the clock, so just though I’d give you my thoughts compared to our...
  16. Sootchucker

What's this exhaust valve for ?

Hi all. Was looking online at the aftermarket exhaust options for the MK7 GTD, in my search for "beefier" twin exhaust tips, and found myself on the "Supersprint" website. There they had a number of images under the car for a GTD fitted with the Sport and Sound pack (like mine). When looking I...
  17. Sootchucker

GTD rear exhaust section (same side exit)

Hi guys, I know the usual wisdom when doing exhaust upgrades to the GTD (especially with the S&S package which I have), is to get the GTI style rear diffuser and twin outlets (one either side) from the likes of Milltek or Cobra sport etc. If I wanted to keep the "GTD" style of twin...
  18. Sootchucker

Android Auto - Phone USB prompts

Hi guys, have recently got into Tune In radio and use it in the car with Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy S7. It works well enough, but every time I plug the bloody thing in, I get around 4 or 5 requesters popping up on the phone asking me to allow access to this or that. It doesn't seem...
  19. Sootchucker

My new CSG GTD (and the wife's Polo Blue GT)

**Warning – Image heavy** Was quite a sad day on Saturday when both the wife's car and mine were trading in for two new ones. My beloved Pure White GTD and her Blue Silk Polo Blue GT (both 2013 models purchased from new). Both cars had been bullet proof with no issues what so ever, so the new...
  20. Sootchucker

My new CSG GTD (and the wife's Polo Blue GT)

Duplicate post - mods please delete