GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Q

No Sensor View - Cruise Control

Recently ran over large object on motorway - there was a big thud under front of car. From that moment my radar/cruise control only runs for an intermittent time. It varies from 10mintues to perhaps 25 minutes but eventually it kicks itself off with the warning ACC and Front Assist: no sensor...
  2. Q

Fitting Fuel Door Actuator

My fuel door refuses to open and searching on the web have tried various things. I have managed to get it open and shaved off parts of the fitting as described on a number of sites due to it sticking. If believe my problem is also with the actuator itself - as sometimes I hear it operate when...
  3. Q

Refitting Interior Rear View Mirror

I was cleaning the interior windscreen when the rear view mirror fell off. I must have hit it, slightly, at the wrong angle, and it fell off. I have unplugged it - photo below. Any ideas on the method to replace it much appreciated.
  4. Q

About to Ring Dealer - Will not Change Up

So far my DSG mk7 has driven as expected - really well. Yesterday, for the second time, I have experienced something I think is wrong. I go somewhere shopping - when I get back in the car I drive very slowly around the car park to get out. In the car park it stays in first gear and when I'm...
  5. Q

Sorry - Silly Question CCS

My last car had cruise control and I've just read the manual re Cruise Control and the Speed Limiter. In practical terms (e.g. you hit a 40mph speed area) what is the difference between cruise control and speed limiter? I am impressed with the ACC but not sure what the speed limiter is...
  6. Q

Display Showing Phone Only

Picked up my mk7 three weeks ago and all sorts of info was available on the instrument display. Recently I paired up my mobile and as expected phone info was displayed on the instrument display. Great - I can see all sorts of phone info; but can I turn it off? I can't remember the original...