GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Horrible Metallic Noise

Went shopping today and immediately noticed a horrible metallic knocking noise, which seemed to emanating from somewhere on the front passenger side...but the source wasn't obvious. My wife tried to locate it by rattling and pressing all of the interior trim and fittings...but without any...
  2. A

Is there a cover missing?

[/url][/IMG] Had my 1.4 tsi serviced today but it struck me that there should be a cover fitted over the sensor next to the air box...where the two holes can be seen in photo. There's also two clips..It struck me that this was missing as soon as I opened the bonnet, but photos I've found on...
  3. A

Didn't Know it did That!

Just wondered how many people are coming across a function that they weren't previously aware of? I read the handbook from cover to cover over 6 months of ownership but still missed a few things. Latest is the fact that you can cancel a traffic report by momentarily pressing the lower right...
  4. A

New Tyre

Hit a pot hole on Friday & ruined 3k miles Pirelli & TPMS didn’t work :mad: Changed the wheel in the dark in monsoon conditions :mad: Looked everywhere in tool kit for a screw driver with splined end to fit the splined holes in the plastic blanking caps……...then realised that there was a piece...
  5. A

Xenon Cornering

Am I right in thinking that bi-xenon headlights do not have an active bending or steering function? Also I know that the static cornering lights built into the head lights work in low speed manoeuvring and are quite useful but I was just wondering if the other cornering lights built into the fog...
  6. A

Rear shunt in less then 24 hours!

I collected my 63 Golf GT on the 1st Sept and on the 2nd some distracted plonker in a Peugeot 107 ran into the back of me at a red light :mad: …….she was probably texting or something but difficult to prove. I can verify though that the Golf is a tough beast as the damage was luckily limited to...
  7. A

GT Seat Comfort

I came across a owner complaining on YouTube about the comfort of the front seat in the GT "Golf GT MK 7 Seat Issues". Looking at the video it didn't look like there is much padding on the bolsters. I had test drives in three GT's and didn't notice any problems in fact they all seemed quite...
  8. A

Best Deals?

I'm just in the process of finalising the spec for a new GT and currently trying to decide between a 1.4 ACT or 2.0TDI which both seem to be good choices! Options considered are; xenons, colour display, winter pack, metallic paint, climate + 3 year servicing deal & 2 year extended warranty. I'll...