GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

My Clubsport - old member, new car

I've been a member of the MK7 owner's forum from 2013... bought one of the first U.K. cars, a 2.0 GT TDi (150) Golf. A year later my wife bought a new GTD, so I let my GT go (yes I was jealous of her car) We kept the GTD until 2018 and replaced it with one of the first T Rocs in the U.K. 1.5...
  2. B

2 Mk7 Golf GTD Chrome Key Top Heads

Converts standard MK7 Key to GTD fob. Easily fitted with instructions on how to open the key provided in the owner's handbook. One new unopened and one used for a couple of months but both have un-used replacement screws. £12 for the new one and £10 for the used one. Or £20 for both...
  3. B

Part Worn Tyre from Germany

We collected the GTD 2 weeks ago and I am really impressed with the 19" Santiago alloys which are wearing very expensive Pirelli P Zero 225/35 tyres. Well over £200 each I believe. I know a local tyre dealer who sources part-worn tyres from Germany and he previously told me that some of the...
  4. B

Sport and Sound Pack on GTD

Here's what it says on the configurator "This sound generator enhances the aural sensation for the driver and other passengers. In 'Sport' mode (using the Driver Profile Selector) there is an additional acoustic emphasis to the sound of the engine inside the car, with no additional noise...
  5. B

Wheel size -V- MPG

The wider the tyre, the more resistance and the result has to be less mpg I believe. I opted for 18" upgraded alloys on my 2.0TDi GT last year. Love the look, but can't help wonder if the 17" option deliver better mpg? And for me MPG is a big consideration when buying. New Year's Eve I...
  6. B

A very nice import I saw for sale

Guys, I posted on a different thread else-where on this site about an import car I saw with a very nice spec. Almost bought it for the wife, but she wanted a GTD instead. The garage has absolutely NOTHING to do with me, but I did look at the car a year ago in their showroom and it is still...
  7. B

Bought our 2nd MK7 today

I have and love my 2.0 GT TDi in Red. It's just gone a year old now and my wife has been pushing for a white twin to sit beside it. In October/November I took a test drive in the dealer's GTD and loved it. I ordered one in white, no extras, to change her Tiguan, telling the dealer I was happy...
  8. B

Oh No. Tax expires soon.

Christmas just around the corner.... presents still to be bought and I usually have a little set aside to pay for my car tax. I think our other car 170 TDi Tiguan, is about £175 per year..... Forgot the Golf 150 GT TDi was due end of December. Renewal notice arrived in the post today. Oh how...
  9. B

Bolts for Winter 'Steel' Wheels ???

I know there is already a thread running about winter wheels, but this is a specific question. I currently have a MK7 2.0 GT TDi with alloy wheels as standard. I have recently purchased a set of 'steel' wheels off a VW Touran, fitted with winter tyres. I have done my homework and it appears...
  10. B

GT Owner upgrading to a GTD

I've been driving for 28 years, bought my first ever brand new car earlier this year..... A MK7 GT TDi 150 in Tornao red with 18" alloys. Since owning it I have added the cheaper Skoda chrome tail pipes.... Modified the left hand drive Sports gear-knob, which was originally supposed to be...
  11. B

RHD & LHD pedals

Ive been wanting to fit a set of the silver sports pedals. Official dealer price is £160. Too expensive I think. eBay uk have some at £90, part number 5G2064200 eBay Germany coming in at 50 Euro, but part number 5G1064200 I see they uk ad states for RHD cars only. Can...
  12. B

My Tornado Red GT 2.0TDi

I have had the Golf for 5 weeks now and have clocked up 1600 miles so far and thought I would share a few photos and give my impressions on the car. For me, Tornado red was the first choice of colour and I was really surprised I didn't have to pay any extra for it. It just reminded me of...
  13. B

Anyone got the Sport Gear Knob?

Hi folks, newest member to the forum. I took delivery of my new MK7 GT TDi yesterday. Tornado red with upgraded 18" Serron alloys. Timing couldn't have been worse. We got our first snow of the winter, with high winds as I was on my journey home! Car still performed really well. I love it...