GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MQB_7.5R

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

I would recommend having the Black Golf R checked out before buying. Earlier this year, I purchased a 2018 Golf R (also black) with 113k miles to be my daily. I checked the compression and timing stretch, along with a thorough look at the suspension / any leaks. Wheel bearings are notorious for...
  2. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

They use salt here. The previous owner had a carwash membership so I think that saved the underside. Surprisingly, the Black R with 115k miles is just slightly worst than the White R with 37k miles. The White R came from Connecticut though and the Black has been in Ohio its entire life.
  3. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

May 4, 2024 - 115,012 miles (BLACK) Just passed 115k miles on my Black R!
  4. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

April 13, 2024 - 37,221 miles (WHITE) All of the hardware for my clutch install just arrived from ShopDAP. I feel bad for whoever fulfilled this order...but they did a great job and everything was accounted for! 2018 Mk7.5 Golf R Clutch Install Hardware (Literally every bolt touched to do...
  5. MQB_7.5R

I think the 2.0 is the newer version. I got the VE52 last summer.
  6. MQB_7.5R

I have the Active VE52 with the McKillans swivel version and I love it.
  7. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

My factory was an H6 and so is the Odyssey. Odyssey batteries are known to be larger. Went from a 56Ah (EFB) to a 70Ah (AGM). CCA are more than double with the new Odyssey as well.
  8. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

Mk7.5 R’s all come with the H6 from the factory. The Mk7 had the H5 battery.
  9. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

March 30, 2024 - 37,221 miles (WHITE) I was trying to hold off on a new battery for the White R until summer. I'm away at college and the cars stays at home on a CTEK trickle charger. I tried to start the car this weekend and it was completely dead. The OEM battery lasted 6 years. I thought...
  10. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

March 29, 2024 - 114,461 miles (BLACK) Removed the old window tint since it had bubbles. It took about 3 hours with a steamer, plastic razors, and La's Totally Awesome Degreaser ($1.25). The tint shop quoted $200 to remove the old tint, so I did it myself. Fresh 20% Ceramic Tint installed on...
  11. MQB_7.5R

You can get a borescope relatively cheap off Amazon (~$25). Especially if you don't plan to use it much, I'm sure this would be sufficient. Amazon Borescope
  12. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

Try to avoid directly spraying the battery and alternator. The 40° tip on the pressure washer is fairly light pressure so it was fine.
  13. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

The Black R may take the cake for having the dirtiest engine bay I have ever seen. I'm assuming the previous owner drove 113k miles on gravel roads and never cleaned the engine bay. Just used some Simple Green, a detail brush, and a 40-degree tip on a pressure washer. The Euro Intake Manifold...
  14. MQB_7.5R

SOLD: Euro Rear Headrests

Selling a set of OEM Euro rear headrests. These were installed in my Mk7.5 Golf R. They have been discontinued from VW, but multiple places have them for sale in the $350-$500 range. SOLD
  15. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

I love the quality of the Blendmount. Just not a fan of the $150 price tag.
  16. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

It connects to the mirror wiring harness so it only records when the car is on. My white R has a Rexing Dash cam that has parking mode so it turns on when it detects motion. Installation was stupid easy for the FITCAMX since the A-pillar didn't need removed to tuck wiring. I ended up removing it...
  17. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

March 12, 2024 - 114,092 miles (BLACK) First picture of the White and Black R together. ECS Tuning Resonator Delete Installed. Removed PCV System. Installed new PCV System and SkunkWerks Coil Grounding Kit. Installed AliExpress Paddle Shifters. FITCAMX and Uniden R7 Hardwired. New...
  18. MQB_7.5R

Daks' GTI

I picked up a set of DCC Deletes from The Asian Garage. They are the same ones EQT sells. Priced at $260. TAG DCC Deletes
  19. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

February 13, 2024 - 113,739 miles (BLACK) Used some Liqui Moly Fuel System Cleaner today. Figured the fuel could use some cleaning as the car approaches 114k. Side note: Learned Liqui Moly products are sold at AdvanceAuto.
  20. MQB_7.5R

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

February 1, 2024 - 113,472 miles (BLACK) Gave the Black R its first mediocre wash at a self-serve bay. The TPMS light came on during my trip back to college. All tires were reading about 29 psi. Used my new LASFIT Air Pump to get them back to 35 psi.