GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I took my Sprotwagen to my usual mechanic for it’s first oil change under my ownership. I also asked them to check out the weird noise coming from my windshield/rearview mirror/sunroof. Turns out the windshield had been replaced (badly), so it’s not sealed well at the top. On the plus side, the...
  2. O

Sold My GTI... Regretted it... Jetta GLI?

I never drove an Mk7 GLI, so I couldn’t say for sure. I can say that the current new and used car market is insane, so just be careful on that end. I got my wagon through Carmax, because their prices were reasonable. and while I don’t normally do “aftermarket” warranties on new or used cars, I...
  3. O

SLCs 2019 Urano Rabbit Daily Build

KSL.com or here?
  4. O

Project Long Roof: APEX's Golf Sportwagen Build Thread

The reason I asked is it looks like your wheel + tire combo fills the wheel well pretty good. You’re still on the stock suspension?
  5. O

Project Long Roof: APEX's Golf Sportwagen Build Thread

I see that the tire you’re using is a taller sidewall than the factory spec, correct? Did you have to re-calibrate the speedometer?
  6. O

Companies to stay away from for car parts

I don’t know man, you could always take the “I win” approach when you break something that “shouldn’t” break.
  7. O

Companies to stay away from for car parts

I’ve never modded a car, because I always had other things, like credit card debt or hospital bills to pay for. But, for buying various replacement parts for my Mk6 GTI I used DAP, ECS, and FCP Euro, and had no trouble with any of them. And being that I’m in Utah, you can’t throw a rock at a...
  8. O

SLCs 2019 Urano Rabbit Daily Build

I’m in Taylorsville with a Sportwagen, not the “cool” 4-motion and DSG, just FWD and Tipronic. Funny, I too got my last car, a GTI from a Dodge dealer.
  9. O

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I took it to a car wash and locked my keys and phone in it. Thankfully someone let me use their phone so I could call my wife to bring me the spare key.
  10. O

Consensus 1.8T AT Best Tune for Daily Driver?

How do I contact them? I don’t have a tune on my car, but if they need a car to test, but as long as they repair anything that breaks, then they can use it for testing.
  11. O

Consensus 1.8T AT Best Tune for Daily Driver?

Sometimes I feel like sending a message to Integrated Engineering and saying “Hey, I’m local. If you ever want a test-subject for an Mk7 FWD Sportwagen with Tiptronic, I’m your guy!”
  12. O

2019 GTI Sunroof Creak (Fixed!)

Creaking sunroof? Is the sound coming from around the area where the rearview mirror is located, and there’s the trim cover that goes over the wire for the headlight sensor? Because I a creaking noise all the f-ing time coming from that area. I thought it was the rearview mirror and almost...
  13. O

Gear Shift Trim

Damn. I’m just seeing the recall notice two weeks after I got my new trim ring from AliExpress.
  14. O

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

alright, so I was able to find help with the deadly shift-bezel/ring that cuts people’s fingers off. Ordered a new ring, thankyewverymuch. however, I’ve got this rattle coming from the blasted rear-view mirror on the windshield. I took it to Carmax, and they could not hear anything wrong with...
  15. O

What is your opinion about wagons?

I like a good wagon. I have fond memories of the wagon my parents had that was the “community car” for various family members that needed a car in the late 70s and early 80s. As life went on for me some of my friends had wagons, like a Mercury Monterey or a Buick wagon. Hell, I’ve had a Honda...
  16. O

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Saw your videos on Youtube and took your advice to come over here. This thread is great!
  17. O

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hi. Name’s omer333. I don’t know if I need to do an introduction or not, I was on a Mk6 forum a few years ago… I had a Mk6 GTI. As far as that car goes, I had it for a long time, but I ultimately needed to find something else with four doors, because the GTI was a two-door and my kids hated...