GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

V2.8 ECU Upgrade Now Available for MK7 Golf R / S3 / TTS (North America)

When is this upgrade going to be available in ROW, specifically in Australia?
  2. R

Euro Spec R engine cover and VWR600 intake

I bought this missing front engine cover piece from ECS Tuning. I think it complements the VWR600 intake, leaving less void in the engine bay, compared to stock.
  3. R

APR Tune...Finally

I got my March 2015 built Golf R tuned at last. For the past few months I used RaceChip Ultimate module and was quite pleased with it. When APR finally cracked the encryption, I decided to do the ECU/TCU tune. My car "feels" quicker, more drivable and flexible than before. It responds better and...
  4. R

Tired of waiting for APR tune?

I got tired of waiting so I cancelled my order and got a refund. I spent my money, less than half the price of APR ECU tune in Australia, on RaceChip Ultimate. I will be installing it tomorrow and will post feedback after testing on V Box Sport. RaceChip 277kW/481Nm vs APR 284kW/523Nm which is...
  5. R

RHD Stainless OEM compatible footrest

As we all know, Volkswagen does not provide RHD market cars with a nice stainless footrest. This has now been addressed by our resourceful Chinese friends! This OEM-identical footrest, fits the RHD Golf 7 like a glove, a perfect replacement for the cheap plastic original. It looks and feels...
  6. R

Satin Chrome R Steering Wheel

For all those who, like me, are not big fans of the piano black detail in the R, especially on the steering wheel, there is a solution. I just installed an OEM R-line satin chrome trim, the same as in the GTi on my R steering wheel. I swapped the R Line badge for the R badge from the black...
  7. R

P3 Gauge vs. VBox Performance

There has been some discussion about the accuracy of the vent P3 gauge. I have tested the P3 0-100kph and speed function against the car digital speedometer and the GPS VBox Performance meter. Both the P3 gauge and VBox read the same speed , say 100kph, when the digital car speedo reads 102kph...
  8. R

No APR Tune for the latest Golf 7 R

Today I found out that my March 2015 built R is ahead of APR in terms of ECU encryption... I got no tune as a result. It appears that the latest ECUs from VAG are now encrypted differently and APR got caught with their pants down. No news on when they will catch up. In the meantime, my car will...