GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dr Dad

Door sill light and switch inoperative - B177501

Hey everyone and happy Friday! Need some help with an electrical issue I'm facing. My passenger side door sill light and switches (lock and window) have not been working for a while now, but I hadn’t noticed until my wife pointed it out. I’ve checked the F39 fuse and it’s intact, pulled the...
  2. Dr Dad

SOLD: OEM Stock MK7 Golf R Downpipe

Selling the stock downpipe from my 2017 Golf R. Was on the car for less than 21,000 miles. Located in Atlanta, GA. Looking for local pickup, but willing to drive to meet relatively nearby. $350 OBO. Thanks!
  3. Dr Dad

FS: Torque Solutions Side to Side Relay / Lever

Selling my Torque Solutions Side to Side shifter relay, also called a "lever" by the manufacturer. Includes ECS solid endlink bushings (can easily be opt to stock or existing bushings). On the car (17 Golf R) for about 4 months and only a few hundred miles. $50 + shipping from 30324...
  4. Dr Dad

Cannot get shifter aligned

Hey all, I've been having issues getting my MT shifter aligned for the past few months. Mods to shifter: USP Solid shifter bushing (on front to back shifter) DG Side to Side lever (put super lube on the white plastic relay level slide - now cleaned) DG solid shifter bushing (on side to side)...
  5. Dr Dad

Would this paint chipping cause any issues with the tire?

Selling my Prets and noticed this on the edge of the barrel. Wondering it it's just a cosmetic thing that won't be visible with tires, or if it will cause issues for the next owner.
  6. Dr Dad

MK7 Passenger Door Window/Lock/Lighting not working

Hey everyone, I've noticed my passenger side door controls are not working. Lock/unlock doesn't work (no lights either), window control doesn't work, and the blue lighting does not illuminate. What is odd is that my exterior door handle lock/unlock still functions. Based on this link...
  7. Dr Dad

IE Stage 2 HO Crackle - not audible difference

Hey everyone! I got my emissions tested today so I had flashed back to stock, but before going back to my regular stage 2 tune I figured I would finally try the crackle tune (pops when letting off the throttle). I literally heard nothing different. I could feel the engine almost fluttering(?)...
  8. Dr Dad

Turbo Muffler Delete - Boost Hose Blown Off

Posting this after getting everything resolved (hopefully). Last night was driving with my wife and wanted to show off for a 3 series who was driving like an ass. I was in 5th gear, pulling hard and at about 106 I heard a loud "pssh" and felt like I lost all power. No error codes, so I...
  9. Dr Dad

SOLD

Should be this kit: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/vw-mk7-gti-golf-r-gen3-ecs-tuning-stage-2-performance-clutch-kit-with-lightweight-forged-steel-flywheel-1885lbs/015123ecs01kt/ I'm not sure when the previous owner installed, so it has at more 20K miles on it. Held Golf R stage 1 power...
  10. Dr Dad

WTB: BMS Pedal Tuner

Looking to buy a BMS pedal tuner, also interested in sprint booster (sprint booster would need to be for MK7 R, I think the GTI and R have different models). Thanks!
  11. Dr Dad

ECU Removal

Hey everyone, Need some help approaching removing my ECU since I need to ship it to IE for recovery. Looks like it is riveted shut, so if anyone has a guide or tips on how to remove to covering and ECU itself that would be greatly appreciated (my googling efforts resulted in little help). I...
  12. Dr Dad

IE Stage 2 tune - Interrupted

Hey everyone, 9/4/20 Edit: ECU was bricked, sent to IE and restored. Then the flash tool had a hardware issue so IE exchanged that and my car is flashed and happy. Posting this thread as a warning and will eventually follow up once I have a resolution. Callout: I'm an idiot. I should have...
  13. Dr Dad

42 Draft Designs Ship dates

Hey everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone has gotten any updates form 42dd recently. I placed an order back in June, after placing the order was informed their supply chain was set back due to Covid (totally understandable) and my expected ship date for my downpipe would be 7/24. I have...
  14. Dr Dad

Integrated Engineering - v4 Powerlink Issue

Hey everyone, Just got the IE powerlink to tune my '17 to stage 1, and apparently it is a new version of the powerlink (v4). However I found an issue when connecting to the ECU while trying to install the tune. The car was ON with the ignition OFF as instructed, but the powerlink would not...
  15. Dr Dad

Who's car is this?

This GTI showed up at my local dealer. Looks like it was originally owned in Greensboro, NC. 2 Door TR GTI S. Has powder-coated gunmetal OEM Austins, catback delete, moderate tint, tinted taillights, and what appears to be a custom intake. Has ~19k miles. I currently drive a stage 2 mk6 GTI...
  16. Dr Dad

POLE: Last day with this Clutch

I'm upgrading to the RSR Clutch Kit tomorrow, so today is my last day with this weak ole thing. So... What should I do? Launches? Burnouts? Finally teach the friends that have been begging me to teach them how to drive stick? Nothing? Balls?
  17. Dr Dad

POLL: How do you grip the stick?

The choices are endless, but I'll give you some. Fast and furious Like a pro Minimal finger usage Like a jellyfish Upside-down Wineglass/Spock
  18. Dr Dad

Mk7 Compared to RS5

So I was doing some research and stumbled upon unitronic's stage 2 software for the mark 7 GTI. 337hp is insanely impressive for a downpipe and ecu flash. I was also inspired to compare this to some audis of similar caliber. It slightly beats the s4 and s4 in hp and torque, but has 600-800...
  19. Dr Dad

What Beemer is this?

I was in a bmw dealership yesterday and saw this poster but had no idea what car it was. It kinda looks like a z3 if it had a child with a Karma