GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. CarbonDub

MK7 vs FK8 CTR

Randomly found a pic of the car online and a list of mods: Invidia r400 exhaust, PRL Catless downpipe, Takeda Intake, PRL intercooler, Fortune Auto Coilovers, APR GT-250 WING
  2. CarbonDub

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

That makes sense, I guess - they are making a big deal about the lengthy emissions approvals over any new protune capabilities. Still, I didn’t think it was lacking in protune features looking at their long list of tables/monitors and the reviews, but I’m definitely no tuner. Still very excited...
  3. CarbonDub

Call me silly then… DTR should be on a flex fuel tune in a few weeks (base map at least). MPI/LPFP though, not HPFP. Interesting, I didnt’t know there was a wide range of flex tunes offerings out there given how much a stir the new Cobb flex fuel kit is making, and that they claim to be “the...
  4. CarbonDub

You will need MPI to run E85 / flex fuel with the DTR. My understanding is that HPFP can handle E85 on up to an IS38, but not anything larger. Check out Stratified’s latest video on Cobb’s new MQB flex fuel kit, that’s the route I’m planning on going. Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be a ton...
  5. CarbonDub

Glad to hear it, I certainly hope so. What are you getting?
  6. CarbonDub

Low-end torque? This is a DTR thread sir… Jk, I just put in for the tune so I haven’t had a chance to talk to them yet, but my hope is certainly that they can limit torque to 420ish wtq. I just don’t hear their name tossed around much when it comes to protunes or OTS, so it has me wondering why.
  7. CarbonDub

Yeah I when I started researching fueling options I looked at APR first but was super skeptical of their wimpy LPFP option. And then I saw several posts confirming it was a bottleneck on E85. APR tune is fine for just the base kit on pump, but anything more, and custom is definitely the way to...
  8. CarbonDub

Update: EQT MPI, EQT LPFP, EQT 5-bar sensors, EQT 93/E85 tunes incoming… 😬
  9. CarbonDub

vs Kia EV6

Only reason I was thinking I’d have a chance against it if it was a GT is that they apparently weigh 4795lbs, it had at least 1 passenger, and had all windows down at over 100mph - so I’d think the weight and drag would really start to slow it down up top. But even then, I wouldn’t have walked...
  10. CarbonDub

vs Kia EV6

Wasn’t going to post this but I was on my way to get groceries when I pull up to a light behind a new looking black SUV I’d never seen before - Kia EV6. He had some vanity plate like KN0HPW0 (no horsepower?) and his kid was waving his hand out the window in the breeze from the back seat - didn’t...
  11. CarbonDub

vs FK8 CTR, Lexus IS F, Challenger Scat Pack

Back on the stock DP, decided to have some fun for the first time in a bit. Did a few solo pulls and saw headlights coming in fast. Gray CTR with CF fenders and hood flies by and slows down to line up. 40 roll, CTR gets the hit but I reel him right as I hit 4th gear and keep pulling. 60 roll, I...
  12. CarbonDub

Permanent for now, unless I decide to get a tune for it. FWIW most seem to be able to get another 60-70whp with aftermarket downpipe, fueling and a custom tune. Not worth it for me at this point, but you guys’ll be the first to know if I change my mind.
  13. CarbonDub

I passed emissions today 👍 Engine Mods: - APR DTR6054 turbo kit - APR DTR FWD 93 octane tune - APR CAI - IE FDS V2 intercooler - Stock downpipe - Stock fueling
  14. CarbonDub

2016 wrx

👀 Only I’ve come close to that is with modded N54 BMWs who never seem to want to let off, never had a WRX want to just top it out. Good kill
  15. CarbonDub

Anyone raced a tuned v8 n/a c63 ?

APR DP with APR tune. It’s been fun but I’m switching back to my stock DP in a few weeks to avoid any future complications. Car is definitely quicker with a DP though, and I’ll miss the deeper tone and DSG farts… not worth the risk though :(
  16. CarbonDub

Anyone raced a tuned v8 n/a c63 ?

Ran another W204 C63 the other night, not a 507 but I’m assuming he was tuned so should be a similar outcome. He got me, but I held my own pretty well all things considered - golf clubs in the back and all.
  17. CarbonDub

GTI vs 6th Gen Camaro SS 1LE

Ran into a 6th Gen SS tonight. Definitely had the 1LE big brakes, any mods unknown. Only time he held the lead was when he got the drop on me by like a car. DSG tune ftw, you can hear him dropping off when he has to shift.
  18. CarbonDub

111 mph trap 1/4 seems pretty low, but that’s what I ran before my block went, who knows if I had any internal damage at the time. I may also have had my roof rack on. Now I’m consistently at 116-117 mph on the same tune, which is much more in line with what others are running. I don’t know...
  19. CarbonDub

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

New PB! Finally broke into the 9s with the summer wheels/tires on. May have another tenth or so in it :)