GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SixSpeeder

Powell: Coitus Location Preference

Where do you prefer to bone?
  2. SixSpeeder

Boss 302 or Modify a GT?

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a Boss 302 as our second car, and letting my girlfriend daily my GTI. The only issue being that the resale value on them is horrendous from what I've seen on the short supply of them, but they're fully loaded with pretty much everything I want. I...
  3. SixSpeeder

Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve + (GFB DV+)

I'm interested in buying one of these, can anyone tell me a reason not to? What are your reviews and impressions on this upgrade?
  4. SixSpeeder

Rusty Rotors: Who's got them?

Hey all, I have some pretty severe rust on my rear rotors on the section of them that doesn't come into contact with the brake pads. It is on both rear rotors, and has steadily been getting worse over the last couple of weeks: So I called up my dealership (Chaplin's VW in Bellevue) to set...
  5. SixSpeeder

MK7 GTI Stage 1 vs Modified Evo X

Last night when I was coming home from downtown, an Evo X pulled up next to me at a red light that goes onto an onramp onto the freeway. There was a young guy bumping rap music who looked over, and I gave him a friendly signal pointing my finger forward and nodding, and he gave me a nod to...
  6. SixSpeeder

GTI vs R Engine Differences

Arin from APR just posted some of the differences in the motor of the MK7 R on vwvortex.com: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7007282-APR-Presents-the-MK7-GTI-ECU-Upgrade!/page9
  7. SixSpeeder

Hood Cowl/Weatherstrip Removal: More Turbo Spool Heard

I recently removed the hood weatherstrip from my car, and the increase in turbo spool and DV blow-off heard is significant. People have been doing this on the MK6 GTI for years, me included. I would not recommend running this mod in heavy rain, but you probably wouldn't have any issues if you...
  8. SixSpeeder

APR Stage 1 Impressions

I just flashed my car over to APR stage 1 last night, and I am completely blown away by how much power they can squeeze out of these MK7's on stock hardware. The car pulls ridiculously hard now, and is scary fast. Driving impressions after 100 miles of adaption: The car pulls extremely hard...
  9. SixSpeeder

MK7 GTI Aftermarket Intercooler

Is anyone running an upgraded intercooler on their MK7 yet? I see that Forge has their "Twintercooler", and stock location intercooler out for the MK7: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260317&product=FMINTMK7...
  10. SixSpeeder

The Official Pet Thread

Show us some pics of your dog, cat, fish, bird, unicorn, etc. Meet Annie, my 4 year old border collie:
  11. SixSpeeder

Tree Sap

I have a nice size dollop of tree sap on the hood of my GTI, how and what product would you guys recommend to remove/clean it? The small amount I touched with my finger (to figure out what it was) was extremely hard to wash off my finger, it stayed sticky even after a couple of washes. Is there...
  12. SixSpeeder

US Recall: Temporary Stop Sale on the GTI

I ran across this thread on vwvortex.com: http://jalopnik.com/dealers-ordered-...-gt-1601656839 I'll be contacting my dealer to see if my car is affected.
  13. SixSpeeder

SixSpeeder's MK7 Autobahn

I took possession of my 2015 GTI Autobahn DSG with the Lighting Package a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't be loving it more. It's truly a big improvement in almost every way, and really a big step up in both luxury and performance coming from a 2013 MK6 Autobahn 6-speed. For those of you who...
  14. SixSpeeder

OEM Boost Level?

I'm curious what PSI the stock turbo on the mk7 GTI's are making, I'd assume it has to be more than the mk6's considering the power bump.
  15. SixSpeeder

Small/Midsize Truck Discussion Thread

I'm planning on adding a truck to my fleet to do some light offroading and some light hauling of junk. It does't seem like there's very many options out there for new trucks that aren't full-size, there's pretty much the Nissan Frontier and the Toyota Tacoma (Honda Ridgeline is butt ugly, I...
  16. SixSpeeder

Dump POWL 2-B: TP Choice?

What do you buy?
  17. SixSpeeder

MK7 GTI Direct Port Flash?

Ran across this thread on golfmk7.com: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35184 Can anyone confirm this? That's awesome news if true.
  18. SixSpeeder

AMA: SixSpeeder

Ask me anything. Maybe I'll answer.
  19. SixSpeeder

What's the Fastest You've Driven on Public Roads?

What's the fastest speed you've hit on public roads? I hit 130 mph on the freeway in my mk6 (at night with no traffic, still unsafe) when I first got tuned. Y'all? :yikes:
  20. SixSpeeder

Thinking of getting another DSG

I originally had an 08 GTI with a DSG, and got bored of it fairly quickly. Every time I drove it, I would regret not having got a stick, so it was pretty much in M mode non-stop. So when I bought my 13, getting one with a standard was not negotiable. Now I'm getting tired of my gf and friends...