GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Heat & D mode driving

So the temp is over 100 deg now in phx and I've noticed that after the car gets hot (220+ oil temp), the shift points in D mode raise ever so slightly. On a normal acceleration, I notice that 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear will hang at the 3k mark instead of shifting to the next gear. Anyone else...
  2. P

Anyone know if the Fender system has a bass roll off point?

I know this was tested on the MK6 Dynaudio system where the bass would roll off at around the 14 volume level. Was wondering if anyone has tested the MK7 Fender system for the same effects?
  3. P

Project - Golf R underfloor sub box

For those who have been looking into adding an aftermarket sub to their Golf R audio system, I'm sure you are scratching your heads like I have been trying to figure out a box that would work under the floor. I am attempting to apply the box that chid built for his GTI to my R...
  4. P

Another potential option for those looking to go custom

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92216 This may be a viable option for use in a custom catback solution.. especially when the price comes down to the $350 price point. It would be a bit more $$ than my axleback but looks promising... Would need to source diff tips to fill the...
  5. P

Vibrant custom catback - Image heavy

I had a custom axleback exhaust fabicrated using the following components: Vibrant STREETPOWER Muffler #10632 - 3" inlet with 2.5" split outlets Megan Racing Universal Twin Burnt Roll 3.5 Inch Tips Total Cost: $580 Muffler - $210 Tips - $210 Install - $160 The stock exhaust was cut just...
  6. P

Flowmaster DBX custom exhaust coming soon

Update: This muffler isnt going to work and still maintain the quad tips. I'm doing more research into other options. I'm having a custom catback fabricated in the next few days using a Flowmaster DBX 3" muffler. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flo-13014310 I will be re-using the stock tips...
  7. P

Golf R stock exhaust dimensions?

I'm looking for the stock pipe sizing but didn't see anything definitive posted anywhere? Are we 3" to the muffler then 2.5" to tips or straight 2.5" from dp to tips?:confused:
  8. P

245/40/18 on stock suspension

18x8 et45 Enkei Tenjin 245/40/18 Conti DWS I put these on my wife's 2015 Autobahn. Zero rubbing issues. His & Hers
  9. P

Any deals on AWE exhausts?

I'm looking to purchase a new AWE exhaust for my MK7. Is anyone running any deals on these exhausts for V-day?