GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Very good. Pretty quiet compared to the one I went to last fall. Didn't have to deal with much traffic. Time to try another track around here. Are there any other groups running consistent track days besides M/T?
  2. D

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Is it so crazy to use a bike pump for your car tires? Felt like I was getting a few looks in the paddock. I don't think people realize how quickly a good low pressure highs volume mtb pump will get you 5 psi in a car tire, Added my Canaan time. Going to take some Dramamine before next time and...
  3. D

P2024/P2025

Just got a CEL and checked and its the same code (2025). Tried doing some research and there's not much on it. My car is a MK7 Gti. From the little I found it seems like it's something emissions related so probably nothing to be too concerned about in terms of engine health. Surprised there's...
  4. D

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Brake pedal feel has gotten dramatically better just with time. I had a slight bit of squealing pop up after 400 miles with the DS2500s but it seems to have gone away again. I think people are losing track of one of the main benefits here. If you are going to do pads, rotors, lines with the...
  5. D

Ran the brakes at Canaan Motor Club this weekend. Brakes were awesome. Not a good enough driver to give better input but there you go.
  6. D

Been a couple weeks since I installed these so figured it's time to contribute some thoughts. For reference, this was replacing 50,000 mile squishy stock brakes and I have very little performance driving experience to base my feelings off of. I have also never touched car brakes before so this...
  7. D

Ok I will use sparingly. In case anyone was wondering, I ordered the ducts from e-aca and it took exactly a week to get. Not bad.
  8. D

Did a test fit yesterday to make sure the calipers fit with my wheels before i start painting and going through with it. Can confirm that VMR V705's 18x8.5 et 35 fit, not that I think anyone else would choose to run these heavy discontinued wheels with these brakes haha. Questions: - I managed...
  9. D

Do we still not know what is required to run stok Austin's with these calipers? Would be very helpful for us people that use their stock wheels for winter set-up.
  10. D

Mountain bike thread

Jeez glad everyone is ok. It's stories like this that make me want to buu full face Helmet and pads even when I'm just riding xc. Also makes me realize how stupid it is when I ride by myself. Stay safe everyone. Riding bikes is only fun until you can no longer ride them
  11. D

Mountain bike thread

Lol could stuck with sram now that they have the direct mount. But race face is a solid product so you couldn't have gone wrong either way
  12. D

Mountain bike thread

It's the best
  13. D

Mountain bike thread

Go to the local bike shop where you bought it and see what they have to say. In other news. Had a guy at my shop cut my steerer on my super six Evo down to the cone so I could be a little more down. Cut it so low that I couldn't have even ran the stem against the bearings. Luckily he had a...
  14. D

Mountain bike thread

fuck trek. they screwed me over. getting a super six evo instead. Much happier
  15. D

Mountain bike thread

I remember the superbly having some bad cracking issues but otherwise I've seen them to be pretty strong. I've seen some frames come into my shop after some bad accidents and they were fine. Plus they're good about warranty. The bone ager stuff has really gotten competitive recently. With the...
  16. D

Mountain bike thread

Haha. What happened
  17. D

Mountain bike thread

Very good entry level bike. So much better than what it replaced. Just ordered my project one Madone 7. So excited :) grew out of my giant trc about two years ago and haven't been able to road bike since.
  18. D

Mountain bike thread

Um..... I wear spandex sometimes when I mountain bike. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
  19. D

Mountain bike thread

if you have a trainer or something to keep ur bike still at home, you can just rig a zip tie or something up close and spin the wheel. Its honestly a very simple process and well documented online. Otherwise bring it to a shop. Most of them won't charge anything to at least check.
  20. D

Mountain bike thread

Haha. Just wondering. What made you change it mind on what you said earlier?