GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Veedubgli

Sunrise drive up Mt Washington THIS Sunday 6/24

Sunrise drive up Mt Washington this Sunday, for anyone interested! Road opens at 3:30am (they usually open it even earlier), sunrise at 5:01am. I did this drive up in the R last August. It was AMAZING. This weekend I'll be there in the Alltrack...slightly different car! :o They only do this...
  2. Veedubgli

My Alltrack

Just getting back into the photography game after many years. Picked up a new Nikon D7500 and have been re-learning when I have a little time to go out and play. Here’s my stock (for now) Alltrack, after getting the 18’s back on after this shitty winter.... I LOVE this car (just wish I could...
  3. Veedubgli

Loving the Alltrack

I’m not on be forums as much as I used to be, but I don’t see many Alltrack owners and/or pics. The Alltrack definitely serves a different purpose compared to what I’m used to (GTI and R), but for my lifestyle these days and what I need from a VW, this thing is perfection. Most importantly, my...
  4. Veedubgli

VCDS - Passenger side mirror dip

I tried to enable the passenger side mirror dip when in reverse feature. I used the instructions shown below. Got through the first part fine. On the second part, I couldn’t find the step 4 “Access Control” (not the exact one that is in the instructions) in the drop down (or step 5 for that...
  5. Veedubgli

FS: VW CarGo mat & blocks

**SOLD** OEM VW CarGo mat and blocks. The mat was in my Alltrack for the first couple of weeks after I bought the car, but was covered by a Kurgo cargo liner, so it's never had anything on it directly. This fits the Alltrack obviously and I assume the Golf wagon is the same (but fitment is on...
  6. Veedubgli

FS: OEM Monster Mats (Golf)

Bought new, and used for 1.5 years that I owned my Golf R (less than that since I didn’t run rubber mats the entire time). Fronts could use a light cleaning, rears never saw any use. New=$105 Asking=$45 (reduced) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Veedubgli

FS: Weathertech cargo liner

Very lightly used Weathertech cargo liner. Bought new for my 2016 Golf R, which I only had for 1.5 years. Mint condition. I only drove the car about 1x/week on average for most of this year and never used it to transport anything since I had a wagon. Prefer local sale, but willing to ship...
  8. Veedubgli

FS: VW Roadside Assistance Kit

Brand new, unopened and still wrapped. Not a bad thing to keep in your car, especially with winter here. Prefer local sale, but will ship if needed. New=$83 Asking=$40 (+shipping) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Veedubgli

Traded in the R

Subject says it all. My life and lifestyle has changed drastically this year. I bought the R in 2016 as a daily driver, but this year it became a garage queen and I couldn't stand to see it sitting and not getting driven like it's meant to be. I put maybe a few thousand miles on it this year, if...
  10. Veedubgli

Detailed AF.....

Had the R detailed. Took 3 days to complete with curing time. They used Terrashield Nano ceramic coating on the paint and tips, and Sapphire V1 on the wheels (pulled wheels off and did the insides as well). The pics don’t do the car justice. Lapiz Blue is popping!! Almost ready for winter...
  11. Veedubgli

Drove the R up Mount Washington for sunrise....

They open the gates early for sunrise only 3 times a year. This morning was one of them. Got up at 1:00am, packed up the R, brought the dog, and drove the 2.5 hours there. They let us in early at 4:00am. I had done the drive up Mount Washington once before in my MK6 GTI and loved it. The R was...
  12. Veedubgli

Dog hair was too much....bought second car

Even with almost all of the interior covered, the dog hair was too much. Since I'm not giving up my R, I decided to buy a wagon for the dog. Was looking for a MK4 Jetta wagon, but I randomly drove by a house about 30 seconds from my house and saw a guy detailing this B5 Passat v6 4motion. He was...
  13. Veedubgli

Pet seat cover for rear seat....?

Just got a rescue dog and need a rear seat cover. Looking for suggestions on brands and what works best..... I see there is a factory one that looks nice, but it doesn't look comfortable for the dog. The description doesn't give many details about it....material, is it resistant to liquid...
  14. Veedubgli

Pics after clear bra installed...

Had clear bra installed last Monday, so it's been a week. Finally had a chance to give it a bath since then. The last pics are close ups but it's hard to capture the lines in photos. You can see the hood and fender lines but again, that's up close in direct sunlight. Another incredible install...
  15. Veedubgli

ESP inadvertently cutting power??

Leave my house this morning, car is running fine. Go through 1st gear, then shift into 2nd gear. All of a sudden, the car basically falls on its face. I notice the traction control icon lights up in the cluster (can't recall if it was flashing or steady). I pull over to let the car behind me...
  16. Veedubgli

Christened (first wash)....

Gave it the first bath of its life yesterday with pressure washer and foam gun. Clear bra goes on next Monday, and after that I'll give it the proper detail with Sonax polymer net shield.
  17. Veedubgli

Picking up my 2016 R tonight!!

Hey guys and gals..... New to this forum, but certainly not new to VW's. I've owned a MK2 GLI, MK3 Cabrio, 2 MK4's (GLI and 20thAE), a MK6 (GTI), and now this MK7. If all goes well with the runner that's coming up to provide the paperwork for registration this morning, I'll be going down to...
  18. Veedubgli

Online dating...

Anyone else here lucky enough to be in the online dating pool? lol What have your overall experiences been and how long have you been doing it? I've been in it since last summer. I've had a few good experiences, made a couple of good friends. But I've also had some kinda crazy experiences as...
  19. Veedubgli

Tough Mudder anyone?

I saw an old thread about this, but thought I'd start a new one for 2013.... Anyone doing a Tough Mudder this year? I'll be doing my first one in May (Boston area). I've been working with a personal trainer for over a year, and next week I start training specifically for the event. Any tips...
  20. Veedubgli

Showing my VW pride....

Got a massage and pedi today.....and decided to throw in a little VW love. :thumbsup: The logo isn't perfect, but the chick had to freehand it off a picture I had for her (she didn't know what the VW logo looked like).