GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ElectricEye

Goodbye, and thanks for the years!

Thank you all so much for all the great years, and great help on this forum! I believe I first joined back in 2012 with my MK6 on the MK6 forum. I had been planning to keep my GTI for another year and a half or so, but after needing its third tow since September, and yet another costly repair -...
  2. ElectricEye

What is a good, reputable (NOT Facebook Marketplace) online site to sell your car privately?

Hi, I'll probably be getting rid of my MK7 GTI, and given it's excellent condition and maintenance - I know I'd get a better price selling it privately than to a dealer, CarMax etc. Does anyone know a good online place to post the car that won't attract meth heads, and other dirtbags?
  3. ElectricEye

Stripped Chassis Ground Nut or Bolt

Hi, I installed an EQT Coild Grounding kit today, and it all went well - except for the easy part. I stripped the Chassis Ground Nut, or possibly the Bolt itself. 1) Does anyone know the part number for the nut? (I've been doing lots of searching, but can't find it) 2) If the problem is the...
  4. ElectricEye

Valve Cover Sealing Job Price?

HI, I noticed I've got some slight oil seepage from the seal of my car's valve cover. I searched the forums for an idea on the price the job should be, but was unsuccessful. Has anyone got any idea? Thanks so much!
  5. ElectricEye

MK8 Configurator is up on VW USA

Add leather seats to the SE, (they're not standard anymore) and a DSG - and the car is $37,315. A bit steep.
  6. ElectricEye

P2014 Code is a New Intake Inevitable?

So, I got my first CEL the other day. Went to Advance Auto, scanned it, and it's P2014 "intake manifold runner position sensor or switch, circuit bank 1." Is this all self contained in the manifold? And/or does the manifold need to come off, so might as well replace it while it's off? Thanks.
  7. ElectricEye

Hyundai Santa Cruz may be the vehicle that gets me out of my GTI

As some people on this forum may know, I've been here since purchasing my MK6 GTI in 2011, and then on to my current MK7 since 2015. As a car guy, I'm constantly checking out other cars and wondering what an alternative to my GTI might be - but nothing has gotten me out of my car. Well, the MK8...
  8. ElectricEye

JB1 and need to upgrade Coil Packs? If so, to what Coil Packs?

I've had a JB1 on my car for more than a year and a half. Some months after I installed the JB1, a coil pack failed - stranding me. (The car had about 35,000 miles on it at that time.) I replaced all 4 coils and plugs when this happened. The other day, a coil pack failed on me (car has around...
  9. ElectricEye

Mirror Turn Signal Disconnect

Hi, Trying to disconnect my mirror turn signals to install dynamic indicators, and for the life of me, I can't disconnect the plug. :mad: I've checked many videos, and they say to depress the flat tab. Doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Is there some other part I should pinch? I...
  10. ElectricEye

Safe Cleaner for Neuspeed Wheels?

So, I got my Neuspeed Wheels and will be installing them soon. The little manual that comes with the wheels says "Do not use abrasive (no kidding) chemical with strong acid for cleaning agent. Use diluted soap water or specific wheel cleaner - not for chrome finish. So, are these...
  11. ElectricEye

Rabbit Edition Roof Spoiler Source?

Hi, anyone know if VW offers the Roof Spoiler we see on the Rabbit Edition GT? I've done some searching, searched VW's sites too...
  12. ElectricEye

2018's listed as In Stock

Just went on my local dealer's website Freehold VW of NJ, and 2018 GTI's are listed as in stock. Not only that, but I see two new colors too: Great Falls Gree, and Dark Iron Blue. The official VW site does not have a 2018 configurator up though.
  13. ElectricEye

Conti Extreme DWS vs Pirelli Cinturato

Anyone know how Conti Extrem DWS tires compare in the snow vs the stock Pirelli Cinturatos? (Cinturato's aren't stock on all GTI's, but mine was fitted with them.) Anyone make the same switch? *I know the Conti's are better tires, but I can't find these tires compared side to side, since they...
  14. ElectricEye

VW finally has the PP on its website

VW has finally added the Performance Pack to its antiquated website, along with a build it feature. Starting SE price difference is only quoted as $895 higher for a PP equipped SE.
  15. ElectricEye

BTW This Car Looks Way Better in Person.

There are certain cars that need to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated. It's sometimes said that photos don't capture everything, and the MK7 is one of those cars. With the 7's increased angularity, photos make certain aspects of the car look more like a throwback to some earlier generations...
  16. ElectricEye

New Mk7 Owner

Just traded my 2011 MK6 in for a 2015 Reflex Silver MK7 (SE, DSG w/Lighting Package) yesterday. I can't believe what a tremendous difference there is between the two. Far more than I expected. The MK7 feels like a far more premium product and though I never considered the MK6 to be boy racer...
  17. ElectricEye

Spotted Night Blue MK7 in Brooklyn

There is a 4door, Night Blue, SE or Autobahn parked in front of my job at the Supreme Court at 360 Adams Street in Brooklyn NY. (Only the second MK7 I've seen to date.) wondering if it belongs to anyone on this board?
  18. ElectricEye

U.S. MK7 Golf & GTI

The North American VW site is just beginning to put up some teasers for the MK7 Golf, GTI, & Golf R :cool: Some video with a brief description, as well as an Email list for one to join. It's getting exciting.
  19. ElectricEye

CC Forums?

Anyone know any good CC forums? Something good like this site? :thumbsup:
  20. ElectricEye

Fiat Abarth Commercial

Who saw the Fiat Abarth commercial?! :eyebulge::drool: ^^^^ That's for the hotness of the commercial, not the car.