GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ZachMK7

1. ZachMK7

Gear lever slop & spongey clutch??

Have you checked to see if the previous owner added a clutch stop? I have one in my car and when I first installed it, it felt a little sticky when depressing the clutch fully, because the end is rubber. The clutch stop could also be preventing the clutch from engaging 100%, which could cause...
  2. ZachMK7

VW speciality repair (clutch)

I would reach out to Manchester Foreign Auto, they do great work and pricing is really fair. It's the only shop I bring my car to.
  3. ZachMK7

E85 near Attleboro?

Lol. My closest is an hour away.
  4. ZachMK7

E85 near Attleboro?

You can use this to search for pump locations. https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=E85
  5. ZachMK7

Integrated Engineering Downpipe Leak

Yeah, I'm not too happy with them right now. Like I said before, I just can't bring myself to throw away an $800 downpipe. If it can be fixed for around $200 then I'd rather do that for now, and then next year I may move to a trackslag. I'm turned away from buying anything from them again...
  6. ZachMK7

Well damn, thanks for your insight Jake. My mechanic recommended a shop to me and I called them yesterday. They quoted me $180 for the repair but I forgot to mention that it was an unusual size so that price could go up. It's going in tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
  7. ZachMK7

That's interesting. How many hours of labor do you think it would take a shop to repair this? I live 10 minutes away from the Lou's custom exhaust headquarters in Manchester so I'll likely get a quote from them.
  8. ZachMK7

Yeah that's actually one of the other options I was considering but the catted version is just too much money for me right now. I don't want to just throw away an $800 downpipe ether, unless someone would be willing to buy it with the leak. I'll get some quotes on repairing it, and if I am able...
  9. ZachMK7

So in December of 2019 I purchased an IE downpipe, brand new from ECS. Had it installed and didn't have any issues for over a year. Quality seemed great and it sounds good. A few months ago I started to notice an exhaust leak developing. My mechanic found a loose clamp so we figured it was just...
  10. ZachMK7

Southern NH Shops

MFA is awesome.
  11. ZachMK7

Shift Knobs

Ah ok, that's weird. I haven't noticed that with mine. I'll have to check after work if mine does the same thing but it feels solid to me.