GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Yumichika

1. Y

Questions about MK7 suspension

I have two questions about the front suspension of MK7. First is the about the shocker strut. In my understanding, the strut is connected with top mount solidly, which means the strut can only "yaw", not "roll" or "pitch". So when we change longer LCA, how could the lower end of strut move...
  2. Y

Found some alternatives of TT arms

I found something interesting when browsing HardRace website. There are two version of TT arms provided by HardRace, harden rubber version and pillow ball version. The only difference between them is the rear bush. Harden rubber version...
  3. Y

Difference between SuperPro ALOY0006-95K and ALOY0006?

I'm looking into SuperPro alloy LCA, and found two different products which all match with MK7. So what's the difference between them? BTW, I'm also considering about Passat LCA and TT LCA for more camber. Would they match with MK7?
  4. Y

Options of Upgrading DQ200?

I have been trying to upgrade my 110KW EA211 and DQ200. In my Opinion, the DQ200 would be the bottle neck since it can only holds 250Nm. So I will upgrade DSG first. There looks to be 2 ways to do so : graft a DQ250 or just reinforce DQ200 itself. Any ideas about this? Thanks a lot :D
  5. Y

Update of EA211 cooler?

I realized that EA211 uses liquid cooler instead of air cooler, so it seems to be few options avaliable on EA211 cooler. Are there any interesting update solution on EA211 cooler?:D
  6. Y

TT Swivels & Onlins Coilovers Installed

I have just put these on my car and driven for about 300KM today. The installation is completely successful, the ride is amazingly comfortable and the handling is extremely sharp:D The installation cost a whole day so it is already midnight here. I will update this thread as soon as I finish...
  7. Y

Found something interesting on RS3 tires

I went to the car show today and had a sight on the new Audi RS3 seden. What came to my notice is the tire. The front size is 255/35R19 and the rear is 235/30R19. I know that wider front tires is common on modified FF car. But that seems to be unusual on a stock 4WD car. So that is designed...
  8. Y

KW Street Comfort or KW V3 or B12

I'm looking for new coilovers and need some advise. Currently I'm running on B12, so I'll put it as a benchmark. B12 is a balanced kit for me, except a little more harshness. So what I care about is ride quality > reliability > other things. For KW what I most warry about is the reliability...
  9. Y

Have anyone disassembled B8 srtuts?

Found someone disassenbled B8 struts : What I'm wondering is, how can I do this myself? Should I just screw off the bolt in the bottom and pull the shocker out? Is that possible to assemble back after disassembling?:eek:
  10. Y

Need help about fitment between drive shaft and bearing

I realized that VW has assembled 2 kinds of wheel bearing onto different model, 80mm and 85mm (80mm to the iron swivels and 85mm to the aluminum ones, I suppose). And the drive shafts are also different to match with engine. But unfortunately I cannot search out the information of different...
  11. Y

Causal link between camber and ride height?

I have some unproven guess. I used to try some combo of suspension and found that if I do some implement to increase camber (i.e., wider LCA ball joint), the ride height might lower down. A 20mm wider LCA might cause 20mm lowering. Yet I haven't do any comparison test, so I'm not sure about the...
  12. Y

About roll center

I'v lowered my car and now concern about the chassis geometry……and then find it a difficult problem:( Currently, I have two plan. The first plan is SuperPro ball joint. However, I have learned that the ball joint for MK7 is still not released yet, and the MK5/6 pieces dont match well with...