2. Y

coilovers

ST Suspension
  3. Y

IS20 For Sale, LOW MILES

Bump!
  4. Y

IS20 For Sale, LOW MILES

I have a is20 for sale. Came off a 21’ gti se. Upgraded to the is38 and won’t be needing the stock turbo. The is20 only has 4,700 miles on it. $450, located in Jax, FL. Will ship.
  5. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

No offense taken. Never been to a track or raced. Just your average pull every once in a while.
  6. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

No. I’d find it hard to believe that a stage 1 tune would cause a valve stem seal leak. If it was a bad turbo then that’s more realistic. But like I said, I’ll just wait and see what VW wants to do. I just wanted to update everyone.
  7. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

My first step is to see if VW will warranty it and go from there. All the dealers in my area are APR dealers as well and I used to work at two of them so there's a chance they will help me out. Not holding my breath though.
  8. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

I wanted to update this thread and let everyone know what is causing the smoke. It’s the number 3 exhaust valve stem seal. I ordered a is38 and did the install. I decided to look in the exhaust ports on the head and this is what I’ve found. You can clearly see the oil getting past one of the...
  9. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

I did, one of my buddies owns a vw/audi shop local and we've been going back and forth. He was thinking turbo or PCV but after pulling the plugs and going over everything with him we're on the same page and leaning towards the turbo.
  10. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

I get what your saying but I don’t beat on it. I’m 31 and married lol. I do my occasional pull here and there, nothing crazy. I don’t race or go out to car shows. Mostly me and wife take it to the grocery store or shopping with the ac on lol.
  11. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

Took the plugs out and they look pretty good.
  12. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

Blue smoke is oil burning off. Typically when the car sits over night and you get blue smoke on startup after sitting a long time means the valve seals are going bad. Oil burning constantly under throttle could point towards rings. Then you can also get oil in from a bad pcv. But just because...
  13. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

Added a video to the top post.
  14. Y

Blue smoke after Idling

Im fairly confident in my diagnosing ability, which is why Im leaning towards a bad turbo. I posted on here to get input to make sure I wasnt missing anything. I know the is20's dont have the reputation of being the most reliable turbo out there and with my mileage I have doubts that its the...