GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wongatron

1. W

Key battery upgrade/enhancement

Didn't really see any posts specific to the key fob; For those like myself who use their key a lot such as for enabling windows up/down with lock or unlock, it certainly does impact battery life. In my own experience, the factory 2025 cell in the key lasted me about a year and a half. However...
  2. W

No boost after shift, DSG

Based on what you described, it sounds like eqt might have your fix for what appears to have been a VW based tuning issue
  3. W

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

What's to hate? Oh happy day to many 😁
  4. W

New to Everything VW/GTI. Just doing my HW.

I went from a 2015 s (which i loved) to an even better 2019 se. The experience package is really the icing on the cake for sure, with the enhanced audio and ride flexibility
  5. W

Mk7.5 GTI Burble Tune?

Eqt has the option of burble tune, but it's essentially absent on stock exhaust. Also got the cobb dsg tune and noticed some light dsg farts time to time. Since your exhaust isn't fully stock you might get a bit more. Both tunes are worth getting
  6. W

What is the most you can get out of Stage 1?

My memory might be off, but I thought I saw mention that jovian's tune basically became the base for his OTS stage 1. I could be wrong though.
  7. W

MK7.5 Boot dimensions

Haha, i did such a thing once to plan an ikea visit. Measurements with the floor at lower position- For the pass through, larger seat folded: 24"W opening, 54"L or so box Trunk hatch space, seats back 38"w x 23"l x approx 19"h to tray
  8. W

Cobb traction control for 2019

Hello all, heads up for 2019 owners cobb is working on updating their algorithms for traction control. On the 2019 cars it was causing weird surging rhythms in throttle/speed during normal driving when enabled.
  9. W

Cobb released stage 2 for mk 7.5

Cobb released stage 2 for mk 7.5 (2019) https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/759693507/Map+Notes+for+Mk7.5+GTI FYI, intercooler being the big requirement. Also it seems the latest update is specific to 2019 MY as several have mentioned updates available for earlier mk 7.5...
  10. W

500 miles, new engine and turbo

So i have my 2019, just got it back after a month and kind of apprehensive about driving it now. I had the car for a week, then got a low oil pressure alert while the car still drove/ran. At stop, notice the car is throwing up...oil. i figured maybe a line came loose since the engine didn't seem...