GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by wlfpck

1. W

Sold My GTI... Regretted it... Jetta GLI?

I think the worst part about all this is that no one has cracked the ECU on the new MK8s. And there's no telling if anyone ever will. Kinda like the mkv supra. The first year it was... but then everything after that is locked. Unless there's been recent developments there.
  2. W

Yeah... i've been looking at the used Golf R and S3s.... and they are almost non-existent. :(
  3. W

Reason I want a MK7 is because both those I can tune. I looked at Mk6 GTI but man are they beaten up. Ideal situation is to get the Mk8 golf R... but no one has cracked the ECU encryption and it's been a while... so I'm starting to wonder if it'll be like the MKV supra where no one could crack...
  4. W

I mean... it's more of a the new GLI is not subjected to the VW SFD and new ECU like the new MK8 GTIs are. :( Like the title says... kicking myself for selling my GTI. :(
  5. W

GLI only has the autobahn trim now. No more base model from what I understand.
  6. W

Yeah I'm looking at the 7 speed DSG. Does the 2022 GLI have the whole VW SFD and the new ECU to worry about? It shouldn't right?
  7. W

So like the title says... I sold my GTI... and kind of regret it now. I sold it because it was a 2016 S WITHOUT the performance pack (so no LSD). Was looking at used MK7 GTIs... and *hurk*.... the prices on them are super high and half of them look like they've been beaten on every single mile...
  8. W

WTT 19 M2 Competition for Golf R DCT in TX

Good luck! I'm in TX too and looking for a Golf R. All the ones I've found so far have been beaten on hard. :(
  9. W

Dumb question about apr intake.

Yeah. Just psia vs psig. Though, we get a lot of questions about it on the forums and facebook groups. lol
  10. W

If that's the case, then I guess somehow it was somehow cheaper to not show it. Or... it's going to be a feature in the MK8. Now shows PSIG instead! :P
  11. W

Presenting the AWE AirGate™ Carbon Intake. Available Now.

Just out of curiosity, does the back of the airbox come off to get the filter in? Or is there enough space with the lid off that you can get the filter in and clamped down.
  12. W

Costs money. Think about how many golfs/GTIs/R's/Alltracks/Sportwagens/etc. are sold not just in the US but around the world. If they have a sensor, they'd need to have the ECU read it, then have the ECU do something with the value (subtract it from the absolute), and then display it. That's...
  13. W

Because atmospheric pressure is not always 14.7. As such, they would need to somehow determine atmospheric pressure and then subtract it. They could just assume 14.7.... but.... yeah....
  14. W

TVS and Cobb - DQ 250

TVS is a huge name oversea. While they are not big in the US, they are a big name. If I remember correctly, they pioneered the DQ500 swap. They also have upgrade packages that are just more than a DSG tune.
  15. W

Is this Turbo Inlet Pipe defective?

i think there were some dyno testing done and it showed some gains. I know for sure there were benchflow testing by a third party. This guy has all of his testing procedures and equipment used and so forth all laid out. I would say it's a pretty well done/well thought out testing procedure...