GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by WhyGTI

1. W

Warranty is up!

Not sure how much JB4 adds but maybe go EQT stage 2 tuning since you already have a downpipe and intercooler? Also any maintenance things that might need to be addressed( though you might be caught up on all of those). Maybe some suspension mods? Rear sway bar? Lots of ways to go.
  2. W

2019 Golf R leak

For sure, that stuff reeks. It really doesn’t have much smell to it. Definitely seems oily though. Might need to remove some of the splash guards to investigate a little further.
  3. W

2019 Golf R leak

Just noticed this apparent leak on my car while doing a brake fluid flush. Not sure exactly what I’m looking at here but this is looking in from the front drivers side wheel well. There’s not enough to where it drips on the ground but you can see how it’s coated. And doesn’t really smell...
  4. W

AWE exhaust tips

Here’s what they look like. Not the best design. Assuming why they’ve since changed them.
  5. W

AWE exhaust tips

Agreed as well. Not a bad idea but a little more permanent. Maybe I’ll see how these hold, but I have my doubts. But again, I think they’ve updated how these mount. Newer style looks better. Maybe need to hit AWE up about it.
  6. W

AWE exhaust tips

Will have to get a picture later but the style of mine are actually built into the exhaust tip itself, it’s not a separate clamp. It’s pretty cheap really. Looking at their website it seems they’ve changed the design to actually use a separate exhaust clamp which would be far more sturdy. I...
  7. W

AWE exhaust tips

Agreed. For how expensive this system is the clamping sucks. Had thought about grade 8, good call. Had almost thought about cutting off their brackets and just getting legit exhaust clamps and locking them down that way. Just a shame. The exhaust system is pretty damn good. Like the...
  8. W

AWE exhaust tips

Recently installed the AWE switchpath catback on my R. Having an issue with the exhaust tips. I’m having to tighten them down to a point that seems excessive. And this is to get them to where they won’t move. I’ve snapped two bolts already and one stainless one I bought as a replacement...
  9. W

mk7.5 R space saver spare

Same. Been 3 years or more since I bought mine but fit is perfect. I remember having the same concern about the cable being short but it worked out fine. This is on a 2019 R as well.
  10. W

2023 golf R anyone?

They’ve also called me and want to trade my 2019 Golf R in for a new GTI. And they’re asking well over 40k for a GTI. So spend more money & downgrade? Makes sense. These people are legal thieves. Don’t work with them at all.
  11. W

2023 golf R anyone?

😂😂😂. Just checked & it’s actually still on there. Unreal.
  12. W

2023 golf R anyone?

What’s even funnier is that car is no longer on their website. Hopefully somebody didn’t pay that much for it but I’m sure they still way over paid.
  13. W

Urotuning O2 sensor spacer

From what I’ve came across for the most part I think you’re exactly right with the crapshoot. Oh well, will probably wind up going for it and deal with a CEL if it happens. Just the game we have to play I suppose.
  14. W

And they’re adjustable too aren’t they? As far as how much they’re spaced out? Wonder if messing with that would help at all.
  15. W

Funny enough I actually bought my stage 2 tuning almost 2 & a half years ago. Life and things get in the way so finally getting around to installing. Had originally bought a CTS catted down pipe but am thinking of going with Unitronic now. Don’t like the CAT position on the CTS & other...