GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Turbo V

1. T

Engine mounts

If I go stage 2 will I need these? Thank you for your input. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. T

Any good shops near Marlborough MA?

I think I felt some clutch slip on my R last night. Not sure if I want to try to get it replaced under warranty or not just to have it happen again. I asked before about a good shop in the area but it was in Haverhill and an hour away from me. I was hoping for something closer. Also I...
  3. T

Need recommendation for performance shop

Hi I live in MA and in Middlesex county. Anyone know or can recommend a shop around here incase I want to mod (exhaust, clutch change, etc.) the car incase I tune? Thank you.
  4. T

Possible idle issue

Anyone else notice their R not idle ideally when first started primarily? Its nothing crazy, but there is a little tiny dip in the rev every so often like a fish bite. This normal? Rest of the time the car drives perfectly like a bat out of hell.
  5. T

Go fast diverted valve

I saw a video with install tips. The guy took off the top turbo bolt to loosen the turbo intake to get to the valve. He failed to mention the torque setting for the bolt. Anyone know the torque settings for the diverted valve and that bolt for the turbo? Thank you. Sent from my iPhone using...
  6. T

Neuspeed rse10 vs VMR 803?

Does anyone have pictures of these on their mk7? They are both beautiful and have similar specs. There are slight differences though and I was wondering how happy people are with these and what they look like on the car. I have found the neuspeeds on here but no one seems to have the VMR...
  7. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Those neuspeeds look awesome! This is what I was thinking of doing to my future R
  8. T

3" Down pipe but what about stock exhaust?

Ok so stage 2 tunes require only a downpipe. This will be 3 inch diameter. The stock is 2. Now if one just does a downpipe I assume the rest of the stock exhaust is 2" diameter still so doesn't this defeat the purpose? Does one need an adapter or does the stock exhaust open up to 3" post cat...
  9. T

Anyone running these clutches?

Don't want to be pessimistic but there are reports of clutch slipping already with GTI stage 1 upgrades. So I am researching a new clutch to be ready. Anyone run some of these? Also there is an Rs4 euro clutch on ESCtuning that looks like a good option. Anyone know if this fits? Of course...
  10. T

what oil do you run?

Tried posting this in the oil section but figured this will get more exposure here. Just wondering what company you people go with. I read castrol is good, its bad, its only recommended because VW has a contract, the german is good, mobile 1 is good, its bad the extended life is actually the...
  11. T

What oil do you run?

Hi just wondering what oil people run in their mk7 R's. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I am at a loss to decide :). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. T

Race mode

Can anyone tell me what Race mode does to the engine? I know it makes the DSG change how it shifts and it makes the sound generator louder but does it do anything mechanically to the engine or throttle? Thank you.
  13. T

Front license plate bracket

Anyone here give this a try yet for those of us who live in one of more lets just say "regulated" states? [emoji6]. I know it's pricey but it avoids holes and airflow restriction. http://m.ebay.com/itm/161580499063 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. T

wheel spacers

Does one always have to thread new studs into the rotor to have wheel spacers for them to be safe? i.e. so that the lug nuts can grab enough stud. Is this hard to do? Thank you.
  15. T

Ebay 19 talledaga black wheels

Hi all. Would anyone know if a set of replica talledaga 19x8 with an offset of 42 fit the mk7 R? I like the look of these wheels on the limestone grey and if anyone knows a better source than ebay please share! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk