GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tnthlttr

1. T

Looking for a VW Programmer Dongle for Helix Soundbox System

If you have facebook, join the Norcal VW Drivers Club group. There are a couple of guys along the peninsula that can help.
  2. T

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Thanks, i’ll try the route of using paper clips. I also reached another snag as this harness didn’t have the male and female housings for the two wires. Would it be wise to splice and crimp these wires to the oem ones?
  3. T

About to do a helix subwoofer install, is the pin removal tool necessary to remove the two wires from the harness that plugs into the brain or is there some macgyver route I can take or yank with my purse wielding hand?
  4. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thanks man. Got it off ebay here: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113795635203 It took two months, and it’s off by at most 1/4” on both sides. This is just for the base golf, won’t fit gti/r. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T

Past month i’ve installed the 7.5 rep headlights and taillights, the white kibowear turn signals, and a voomeran rep wing to fit the golf. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. T

Golf R-line front bumper stateside

Hi Guys, I've been looking up on how to get a complete R-line front bumper stateside (I'm in CA), but haven't found any sure answers. I've found a few on ebay, but most are incomplete and prefer to get a whole set with brackets, fog housings, lower grille, etc. Has anyone here have gotten their...
  7. T

About 1.6” all around.
  8. T

My set-up is EMD springs with B8s, and it’s comparable to stock with a slight stiffness. I don’t think its too low, just closed the wheel gap and slightly more.
  9. T

After a wheel alignment & subframe shift the car seems to be surprising smoother than what I initially thought after getting my springs/shocks/struts installed. Not complaining, i'm just more curious as to how it happens? Shocks/struts/springs just seemed to be more planted. Never owned a...
  10. T

What a pain. Took 4 hours. Would be less if I threaded every other hole except every single hole.
  11. T

Bay Area Automotive Photoshoot Spots

I've been into photography on and off for about a decade or so, but have never done any real automotive photography. Anyone got any spots in the Bay Area they recommend?
  12. T

Lowered on B8s + EMD Springs. Added 034 dogbone mount insert as well. Very happy with the set-up so far. Another Vdubber did the install. Also replaced R centercaps with VW caps.
  13. T

Somewhat installed a DV spacer, and lost one of the bolts somewhere in the engine bay. [emoji58]
  14. T

Added a Maxton V1 lip from the ECS sale.